Nashville Metro - still need to remit taxes after January 1, 2021?

Cody78
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Nashville Metro - still need to remit taxes after January 1, 2021?

Hey all!

This is an ever evolving (and annoying) conversation, but I've gotten the update that the Airbnb is now officially remitting taxes at local levels statewide across TN. Does this mean we no longer need to jump through the ridiculous hoops of filling out and submitting the forms to metro every month? Anyone heard about this yet? Seems like every time Airbnb announces something like this for TN, Nashville Metro is like "nah that's not right, you still have to pay us."

Would love to know if anyone has some info - thanks crew!

Cody

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 10.44.00 AM.png

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Cody78  There are a lot of Tennessee hosts posting on this and another host just put up a flow-chart explaining this issue:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Understanding-How-to-File-Taxes-in-Nashville-and-all-Ten...

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Cody78   I am not in Tennessee, but in North Carolina.  Air collects the taxes for my state, county and municipality and have done so since 2019.   I still file my monthly reports just as if I were collecting the taxes.  I attach a letter that states that the taxes owed have been collected by Air (and other OTAs) and I now owe zero tax.  This was at the recommendation of my accountant and attorney.  So far, so good.