New Host - Missing Payments

Answered!
Alannah13
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

New Host - Missing Payments

I am a new, first time host on AirBnB , solely for the month of August as I am not living in my house at the moment.

Everything was going well, my first guests checked in on 4th August and payment was apparently released on 5th. It is now 15th August and I haven't seen any payment (my payout is through direct bank transfer). I am hosting 6 guests this month, I am on my third and I haven't seen any money yet.

I have been told multiple different things by multiple CS agents:

- there is a delay in payment, I guarantee it will be with you today or tomorrow (this was comforting until the money didn't appear)

- if you upload a selfie to verify your account the payment might go in quicker 

- we have sent the payment, please check with your bank (been told this about 6 times)

- someone will call you back (never did)

- we have issued a trace on your payment - this takes 7-10 days (buying themselves more time)

- it has been released to your Mastercard (the account is Visa)

My bank can't do anything as it's Airbnb's transaction. I have no idea where the money is, if or when I will ever even see the money and the customer service is beyond shocking. I'm at a total loss on what to do, this is just theft. 

Has anyone else had this issue and can give me any advice? I can't even check if my bank details are correct because of the awful system set up.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alannah13 Airbnb can take up to 30 days to release the first payment but it is usually quicker. Why can't you see the bank account details on your account? Also what does your transaction history say?

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alannah13 Airbnb can take up to 30 days to release the first payment but it is usually quicker. Why can't you see the bank account details on your account? Also what does your transaction history say?

Julie-Ann34
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

I have exactly the same issue. I'm also new and first timer Host. I joined this community to find answers and hope. I haven't received my payout for a month now. They are also telling me different things which made me confused, frustrated and worried. It is not good for my pregnancy which I even told them with the hope they will have empathy. Also, this is only my source of income and I need the payout for my guests. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Rumi50
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I’m in the exact same position as you @Alannah13 . Have you been paid now?

I am a new Airbnb host in London, in sheer distress and desperation. I recently hosted guests from 1st - 14th October (they leave today) and I have not yet received a payout. Despite the payout showing as ‘released’ in my Airbnb profile on 2/10/22, no funds have reached my bank account.  
I am disgusted by the terrible level of customer service. No one has bothered to proactively contact me in the last 2 days, apart from a routine ‘we’ll get back to you’ message in response to regular contact that I am making to chase the issue.  Airbnb have a responsibility to communicate with, and pay its hosts on time -appalling!

I’m a busy working mother and rather than obtaining the money which I’ve rightfully earned, I am stressed, harassed, upset and now considering seeking counsel from legal professionals and consumer/regulatory champions.

I’m also highly concerned by the large numbers of posts on the community forum from other hosts in EXACTLY the same position, missing huge sums of money all over the world. I get the sense that withholding funds is some intentional internal Airbnb practice that support staff are trained to uphold??!!  If this is the case this MUST be exposed to a larger global audience!

I am having a similar issue.

I received the first payout for the first guest but since then I have hosted 4 different guests with no payout!

I keep being told by Airbnb customer service agents that my case is being assigned and that someone will contact me but it has been 3 weeks now and no one ever calls.

I am being told different things. One time I was told it was my tax information that was missing. Another time I was directed to an old message Airbnb Support had sent me that has been deactivated and so I can no longer answer it. When I explain this I keep being told that someone is taking care of the case and will contact me urgently.

I don't believe them anymore! It is unacceptable to treat their hosts this way. I cannot afford to continue to host guests without getting paid. I will be forced to seek legal counsel.

Hi everyone!

I am a new host on Airbnb. As a guest, I have used this platform & it's been smooth.

But as a host, I am having a horrible time trying to get some response from Airbnb's customer support about the payout. 

Since 4th Oct'2022, the first guest's payout is still pending. 😞 

I have provided all details asked, the account on which the payout has been requested has been approved by their third-party Payoneer, I have an email from them stating the same. 

Still, they do not process the payout saying that there is an error on the account. No emails or explanations as to what the exact issue is. Some days the account shows all fine, with no issues. Then after some days it just says, cant process payment. This is an active account and is being used on other platforms just fine. 

Airbnb doesn't send any emails on payout/account issues.

No explanation. I have tried since 4th Oct & now it's already 26th Oct, still absolutely no resolution on this issue. 

Can someone please share how they got this issue sorted for themselves? 

would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Shilpi