Night pricing

Fiona470
Level 2
Enniscrone, Ireland

Night pricing

I would like help with setting my nightly pricing.  I  have a room in my home on airbnb.  I want to charge €32 per guest per night for 2 guests, and put €10 charge for 3rd guest.  However, the site has saved it as €32 for 1 guest and charged €10 for the second guest, and €0 for the third guest.  Obviously I had to accept the booking, because it would not be fair on the person who booked. The person booked for 2 nights and got charged €84, which I am not happy with.  I have double checked my listing.  I had put in the "extra guests charge" as €10 after second guest.  I thought that meant that I was  earning €32 per guest for first two guests, and €10 after.  When I went back in to change, it allows me to change the €10 charge to after 3 guests.  But I am worried that I will get another booking and end up not earning for the second guest.  Can you help me please to set this pricing up properly

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fiona470 

The base price is the price for all guests (1 to maximum amount of guests).

If you charge a fee for additional guest, then for each additional guest (above the treshold set)  that fee is charged above the base price. You easily check if works like expected by simulating a booking on your own listing.(or use the pricee calculator on the calender)

https://www.airbnb.com/users/97908753/listings

example

If baseprice is set to 30,- and fee above 2nd guest is set to 10,-, then the total for four guests is: 50,-

Please note discounts are only calculated regarding the baseprice.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fiona470 You cannot achieve what you are trying to do easily with Airbnb. You can only set a price for a number of guests and then an additional price per guest thereafter. In your case 32 for 1 guest and 32 per guest thereafter.

If you really want to do pricing as you described then you will need two listings that are identical except that one will charge 32 for 1 guest and 32 for any guests over 1 with a maximum of 2. Your second listing will then charge 64 for 2 guests and 10 euro for subsequent guests with a maximum of 3. You will then need to synchronise the calendars in both directions so you don't get duplicate bookings

GOOD LUCK