No payment from Airbnb

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No payment from Airbnb

Hi Airbnb Support

I’ve been a host for 5 years and been using the same bank account ever since. The whole batch of my payment for December have not been paid. The biggest concern is I have been calling the support Centre daily and kept explaining my problem daily. No one is giving me a concrete answer or solution to receive my money except the standard answer of ‘we will investigate and get back to you soon’. I have never heard from any one of them and I am stuck now. I can’t do any thing or obtain any resolution except keep calling support Centre. It appears to me that no one from support Centre is really helping and just push the issue aside. Besides calling the support Centre, we as a host have no other way to seek for help. It is our money and we deserve to be paid. We cannot afford to have any cash flow problem especially after a tough Covid period. Please help!!

13 Replies 13
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Wt3 ! I'm so sorry to hear about this, I can imagine this issue isn't welcome especially when you're still trying to recover from the COVID-19 period.

I've sent this over to the payments team now, they'll be in touch with you and if I receive an update in the meantime, I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We continue to contact the call Centre today.  They told us that all they can do is to create the case and ask us to wait for investigation outcome. There is no explanation nor commitment on the next step or resolution date. We cannot continue our business without pay out. Can you please help

@Wt3 

Do you still have bookings from airbnb?

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Sudrung0

Yes. On going now.

@Wt3 

If it was me I would be asking them guest to leave, give them the reason why and let them contact airbnb,

If you carry on accepting guest you will not know how much you will lose, 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Hosts

I would like to share my solution regarding my payout issue in hope that this could also solve your problems. 

My payout got stuck like everyone else and I ended up calling the support Centre daily who can’t help except providing me with standard answers and forcefully close my case without solution. It has been very very stressful and I understand what you’re facing right now. Airbnb clearly has a serious flaw on their Host support system especially regarding payment which is the most important since this is our livelihood and the reason why we are doing this in the first place. And worst still, Airbnb being our partner does care to solve our problem when we needed them most. 

This is what I did: 

Existing bank account is (A). I created a new bank account (B) as new payout method, got it approved, make it as default payout method then remove bank account (A). Airbnb will re-route (1 day) all upcoming payments to the new bank account (B). I suddenly received the latest upcoming payment into bank account (B) and then all old outstanding into bank account (B) within 1 day. 

I hope this method also helps all other hosts. And do keep me posted cause I am almost curious whether I am just lucky or this method really works. 

Good luck everyone. 

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Did you receive an error saying "Cant process payouts, kindly remove and add payout method"

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I didn’t receive any error. You can add a new payout method. 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@Sybe 

Hi. May I know what is the next step? Everyone keeps telling me they have update the note for this case and please wait but nothing is ever done and no one calls us back. I don’t know how long we need to wait. We keep calling and keep getting standard response. Guests checked in and checked out, money with airbnb but host don’t get paid. It’s our livelihood here which cannot keep waiting without a solution. 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Sybe 

I have been waiting for my payout until now no one is paying us. They gave us a date that we will receive payment by 26th Dec. another one gave us a date that we will receive payment by 31st Dec. today is 26th Dec and we have receive nothing. We called them and the person who picked up the phone don’t even know what’s going on even those this case file is still open. We area very worried that they just keep postponing the payment day by day. Our expenses cannot be postponed. We have no money to keep paying and running for business for airbnb to keep collecting my money without paying me. Please help. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Wt3 

The most annoying thing about this is Airbnb already have the money every guest has paid upfront, so airbnb can never use that excuse "Waiting on payment"

Most host rely on payments arriving on time as we all have bills to pay to run an STR property, there is no escaping not paying utility bills, 

This will drive people away from airbnb and look for other alternatives,

@Sybe 

Hope you can help, You will never know the effects covid had on the local communities I dont know about KL people are still suffering here is not like England were you get help from the government when you are skint here you are really skint there is no help or very little,

Many people rely on donations just to eat one meal a day or a packet of noodles,

I know over the years many local people have benefited from us doing STR business because of covid we were not able to give people work, we didn't have any, only the other day a lady I used to give some laundry work too called me have we got any jobs for them..........? 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@Emilie 

please help me. My livelihood is at stake and have bills to pay. I can’t keep getting standard replies indefinitely. Everyone is telling me that they have update the notes but no one is taking any action on any notes. Can you please help me. I really do not know what to do now. 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Emilie 

I have been waiting for my payout until now no one is paying us. They gave us a date that we will receive payment by 26th Dec. another one gave us a date that we will receive payment by 31st Dec. today is 26th Dec and we have receive nothing. We called them and the person who picked up the phone don’t even know what’s going on even those this case file is still open. We area very worried that they just keep postponing the payment day by day. Our expenses cannot be postponed. We have no money to keep paying and running for business for airbnb to keep collecting my money without paying me. Please help.