Oak Harbor, WA - STR

Answered!
Lisa9274
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Oak Harbor, WA - STR

Hello!  We are Superhosts in West Seattle and are looking to expand our Airbnb portfolio into Oak Harbor, WA.  Has anyone had success there?  There aren't any Airbnb's in Oak Harbor, there are in surrounding areas just not Oak Harbor.  Curious if anyone has insight into this?  Also, any info on Island County ordinances, jet noise, really anything would be helpful!  Thank you!

1 Best Answer

@Lisa9274 

I have a Short Term Rental Consulting business based in Washington, but am not familiar with the Oak Harbor market. I did do an Airbnb search for Oak Harbor, WA and it indicated over 1,000 Airbnb's? 🤔

Joan2709_0-1724451739024.png

You can check the City of Oak Harbor's web site or give them a call. Another internet search revealed that it seems Island County doesn't have any current short term rental requirements, but is considering them. You can give the county a call to get more information. As Superhosts in Seattle you know about Washington state short term rental requirements. Looks like the City of Oak Harbor does require a business license though. Another area to check would be any HOAs that might have restrictions on short term rentals in an area you are interested in.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Lisa9274 

I have a Short Term Rental Consulting business based in Washington, but am not familiar with the Oak Harbor market. I did do an Airbnb search for Oak Harbor, WA and it indicated over 1,000 Airbnb's? 🤔

Joan2709_0-1724451739024.png

You can check the City of Oak Harbor's web site or give them a call. Another internet search revealed that it seems Island County doesn't have any current short term rental requirements, but is considering them. You can give the county a call to get more information. As Superhosts in Seattle you know about Washington state short term rental requirements. Looks like the City of Oak Harbor does require a business license though. Another area to check would be any HOAs that might have restrictions on short term rentals in an area you are interested in.

Thank you @Joan2709