Occupancy Taxes in Bradenton, Manatee County, FL

Answered!
Mike3192
Level 1
Humacao, Puerto Rico

Occupancy Taxes in Bradenton, Manatee County, FL

I own a house at Bradenton, Manatee County, FL and have a question about taxes:

As i understand the taxes are 12%.   7% Florida tax, and a County tourist tax of 5%. 

What taxes are collected by airbnb directly from the guest and payed from them directly?  

This website from the county makes it sound like i need to collect from each guest additional??  

secure.taxcollector.com/excise

Thank's for your help in advance

1 Best Answer
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Mike3192  According to the Manatee county website you are responsible for collecting and remitting the 5% tax.  Air does remit the state tax of 7%

For all Tourist Tax Forms, click here .

Attention all Airbnb, HomeAway and VRBO Customers

Please note, Manatee County is not contracted with Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO or any other third party vendor. Therefore, it is your responsibility to collect and remit the 5% Tourist Tax to the Manatee County Tax Collector.

The Total Tourist Tax rate is 12%. 5% Tourist Development Tax is remitted to the Manatee County Tax Collector and 7% Sales and
Use Tax is remitted to the Florida Department of Revenue.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

Karen

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Mike3192  According to the Manatee county website you are responsible for collecting and remitting the 5% tax.  Air does remit the state tax of 7%

For all Tourist Tax Forms, click here .

Attention all Airbnb, HomeAway and VRBO Customers

Please note, Manatee County is not contracted with Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO or any other third party vendor. Therefore, it is your responsibility to collect and remit the 5% Tourist Tax to the Manatee County Tax Collector.

The Total Tourist Tax rate is 12%. 5% Tourist Development Tax is remitted to the Manatee County Tax Collector and 7% Sales and
Use Tax is remitted to the Florida Department of Revenue.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

Karen