Overall Rating calculation - HELP

Answered!
JB-And-Lexy0
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Overall Rating calculation - HELP

If the average on the 6 categories is 4.875, why is my overall rating that guests see 4.84?

Overall rating
Total reviews

Check-in

Cleanliness

Accuracy

Communication

Value
1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@JB-And-Lexy0 To be clear:

The hosts rating is the average of all the overall ratings for all of your properties since the start of the listings.

The property overall rating is the average of all the overall ratings given for that property since you started listing the property.

The Superhost rating is the average of all your listings overall ratings over the 12 months to the end of the evaluation period.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@JB-And-Lexy0 It is simply because the overall rating is its own category with a score. You can get 5* for each other category and a guest can still give 1* overall!

Out of all my reviews I've seen maybe a couple that have a different rating in overall.  I've had 4.84 overall for over a year (my best guess) and 98% of my reviews are 5* and it does not change. I think the system is not working correctly. 

After many phone calls asking Airbnb employees, the system calculates de OVERALL rating that is displayed in our Properties. No one knows how it is calculated, but it is not an average of all of the Overall Ratings given to us by our guests...or is it?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@JB-And-Lexy0 To be clear:

The hosts rating is the average of all the overall ratings for all of your properties since the start of the listings.

The property overall rating is the average of all the overall ratings given for that property since you started listing the property.

The Superhost rating is the average of all your listings overall ratings over the 12 months to the end of the evaluation period.