Payment method

Payment method

So I have just added my

payment method (my credit card) and my host supposedly paid the whole amount for an upcoming reservation, how do I make sure that they actually paid the amount & when will the amount be transferred to my account?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anonymous  I assume that was a typo saying "host" instead of "guest".

You might want to check what and where you have entered your payment information- I know there are different payout options in different countries, but "payment method" refers to guests- "payout preference" is what hosts need to fill out.  I may be wrong, but I don't think Airbnb pays out to credit cards- it's usually bank accounts, paypal, or something similar.

As hosts, we aren't given the information as to whether a guest has paid in full for their reservation- we just have to trust that they have, and if you are concerned about that, it may be advisable not to accept same-day reservations, as these are the most likely to have unpaid reservations. If the guest books a few days or more before their arrival date, that gives time for the payment to be verified.

Hosts normally get their payouts released 24 hours after a guest checks in, but sometimes it can take longer, and new hosts may have to wait up to 30 days to receive payment for their first booking.

Yeah I meant guest not host. So I don’t have paypal nor is my bank account registered on airbnb as a host, so how can I get the money paid by the guest (he said he paid the whole amount), I thought I would get them on my credit card, but apparently this won’t be the case.

@Anonymous  Like I said, there are different payout options available depending where in the world your listing is. The methods offered to me, in Mexico, may be different than the methods available to you in Egypt. Try going to the part of your hosting pages that that has "payout preference" and it should be stated there what methods are available to you. I'm not a expert on what is accepted in various countries, so if you can't find the information in your account pages, contact Airbnb directly to ask them.

Alright thank you anyways, I appreciate it!