Payout Problem

Jaclyn27
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Payout Problem

Hi there community!!

I’m a long-time Airbnb Superhost with years of great experiences hosting through Airbnb. However, this week has been STRESSFUL -

I’m having an issue with receiving a payout: my guests checked in on Aug 9, and I received the standard Airbnb payout email the next day (Aug 10) saying my payment was sent. I still don’t have this payment and it’s now been 2 WEEKS instead of the usual 2 days it normally takes for me to receive payouts. My bank has no record of it, and superhost support has been very unhelpful and dismissive.

I’ve been hosting with Airbnb for almost 10 years and have NEVER had something like this happen. I’ve called and messaged Support everyday since Aug 18, and they keep telling me they’re “looking into it”, but they have not given me any answers or explanations as to where my money is…

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what my next steps could be? A friend who is a police officer said that this kind of thing warrants a formal investigation for theft or fraud, but I’d much rather resolve it amicably, since up until now Airbnb has been an awesome part of my life 🙂

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Jaclyn27 

You should have received an Airbnb notification that the payment has been made.  In that notification, top right, is a bank tracing code.  Hopefully you still have the notification.  You can then have your bank trace the transaction.

Good Luck.

Hi! Yes, I provided my bank with the code I got in the notification of payment on Aug 10.  And my bank still could not find it…

Robert6283
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi. I have just hd the smae probelem. Not been paid in 2 months for guests staying....cannot get any sense out of them.

Hi - I finally got my payment, but never got an explanation as to why it was delayed for so long. The “support” folks I spoke with or received messages from during this whole annoying experience actually made the situation even more frustrating! I sincerely hope that Airbnb figures out how to get their s*#t together when it comes to customer service because right now it’s a bit of a nightmare!

@Robert6283  you have same experience with me now
I NEVER BEEN PAID for 4months (July 2022 until today ) and i must have huge number on it ...
I have changed and add many time about payment method but still can not be insist (airbnb use payoneer)
i think payoneer 
the worst vendor service for money transfer, , if you have problem they are very slow respond and so difficult,, even we all give the true information, they start to make it difficult again and again in every step , but the sadness news come from airbnb,  they said can not help even for contacting payoneer they can not do it by privacy reasons ,they don't really helpful for your problem ,, this is so cruel ,, cooperation between payoneer and airbnb and very very troublesome for host who in trouble , not easy and need many many month just for checking our personal data,,
in others OTA  our account holder can get normal payment and never miss, we use the same account bank 

what we knows by a simple thinking:  >> airbnb getting paid by the guest,, for us airbnb still keep the money ,,  avoid other problem behind airbnb vendor payoneer etc... it is airbnb or payoneer problem so ,,

after sending all my correct data from Goverment ID , Bank Book, Bank statement, utility Bill ,, etc ,, till today they can not verify it .. and they always asking me this data for many time for same question, same data ,,, Just to verify the bank account need 4 months ?? This Craziest working system in the world

The Big question is ,, who keep my money until today ?????????????????????????
Of course we don't understand who in trouble ,
Airbnb say this payoneer problem and payoneer said chek to airbnb and bank,, then bank said check to airbnb and payoneer
What kind of this game ??
Rishma14
Level 2
Denpasar, Indonesia

my payout did not come for 3 month since July and tomorrow will be October ,,,,
many time asking airbnb but what we got is ping pong game 

airbnb say they already release the payment and the end is on their vendor payoneer, but after contact payoneer they said they have no idea since the point is the bank ,,, ""PING PONG"""....

what i have done is resend all private document to payoneer 

>>> airbnb email to payoneer - waiting this many days and week (airbnb is only waiting payoneer reply) then pass to me ((( airbnb only reporting to payoneer and payoneer asking more submit document)

in fact what they asking was same information that we already submit to airbnb system 

>>> again waiting many many week process , airbnb ask me direct to contact payoneer ,,,

>>> SAME THINGS, payoneer asking me again the information such photo selfie and same document order ,,, then sent it ,,, after it no reply for many many weeks  (only auto reply email with generals condition says , they payment will arrive in 3-5days) but never come then,

>>> Finally i sent complain email to payoneer about ESCALATE A COMPLAINT for my PAYOUT, make a cc to higher position into vpoperations@payoneer.com (VP mean Vice president ??? dun know) , and to customerservicemanager@payoneer.com  

but still never get any news 

the BIG ? question is what are they doing for within 3months,

Airbnb process i do: 

first ask to the support center team .. then they forward to Support Ambassador team ,,,and this team forward to The Processor Team,,, but still can not finalize the case ...

it is not about our small amount number but it is about we lost the business ,, we can not use to invest money and we lost the trust of property owner also (i just rejected by 1owner after they asking what the problem) i have to cancel 3bookings due to it 

last we ask the apologize letter never comment about it ...

and now October in few hours come ,,, the case can not be finish from July