Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Payout delayed to a later date

Joyce580
Level 2
Richton Park, IL

Payout delayed to a later date

The website states they guarantee a secure site but there has been issues with the site not screening guests like they say they do. One guest decided to not check out till the day after, I requested payment, had to keep calling talking to customer service which was rude. After calling numerous times I finally received payment. Now I’m having a problem with the guest extending stay and I never received the partial payment. I received a email on April 6th saying payment was processed but never received the payment. I called customer service and now they’re saying I have to wait till April 14th to receive payment. This is unfair to the hosts. Very unprofessional. The company charges a fee but does not guarantee the services they say. 

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joyce580 ,

Sorry to hear about the delay in the dates. Please note that I have updated your title a bit to make it relevant to your query. I hope you don't mind. Please feel free to keep us updated in case you receive payments on the assured date, in case you need any help with otherwise!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

What are we to do when the assured date keeps changing? Are we supposed to host guests without payment? Should we be concerned about the financial stability of Airbnb?