Payout not received

Rosella17
Level 2
Sliema, Malta

Payout not received

I have not received payment for guests I hosted 2 weeks ago. I have called Airbnb several times and opened chats they tell me my account is being reviewed. My ID had been verified. I have been hosting for 10 years I never expected anything like this to happen in Airbnb. Has this happened to anyone else?

22 Replies 22
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Rosella17  Do a search in this community; it’s happening to lots of people. Perhaps the admins here will see this and attempt to “nudge” someone at Airbnb who will help.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Oh @Pat271 the good ole 'Nudge' theory and trick, have you looked up the history of David Halpern who is making millions out of his 'Behaviour Insights Team' psychology contracts that are been imposed on us all world wide?

I had an ex Government employee stay recently who had some interesting things to say about that 'nudge' unit.

@Rosella17 @Sudsrung0 @Susan990 @Huma0 @Fred13 and everyone else who here in ABB CC, especially those who have not been paid and whom have been requested copies of Government ID AND SELFIES.

@Helen427  I didn’t know that “nudging” was part of an actual methodology. I’ll have to look up David Halpern - thanks for the pointer.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Rosella17 

As @Pat271  has mentioned, we can give the team a nudge, and I'll pop your details over to see if we can get you some help with this.  If I hear anything back I'll be in touch, but hopefully someone from the team will contact you.

As you know, @Helen427, Community Managers here on the CC aren't Airbnb Support staff, we're here to facilitate host to host conversation and provide a space for Airbnb Hosts to have respectful and constructive discussions about all areas of Airbnb hosting.

In situations like this, we do try to elevate Host questions and issues internally i.e. giving them a nudge, whilst also trying to get more information where possible.

😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Yes.  Dozens of cases like yours have been reported  to this community center starting about last fall.  Read some of these postings going into back pages.

Susan
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Rosella17 

That's a good question, 

"Has this happened to anyone else"?

Im coming to the conclusion you will get paid when Airbnb feel like paying you,

The answer to your question is within this forum it will shock you,

Check in the FB groups it must amount to millions, 

So you're saying that they are doing this on purpose? I have guests coming on Tuesday I'm curious to see if that was a one time occurrence or if all my payouts are blocked.

I don't know what else to do I phoned and chatted with so many people. At the end of the conversation you get ' Can I help you with anything else' !!!!!!!

Rosella

@Rosella17 

I suppose the easiest thing to do is to suspend your account that way under their T&C they can with hold your payments, 

Airbnb has been paid since the moment the guest booked, What other reason could there be not to pay you?  You came up with your side of the bargain. 

What would I do, That next guest would not be getting into my property you could get that guest to cancel and tell them the reasons why and any future bookings you might have,

In our case recently Airbnb have been a bit slow in paying so I watch it as I am due a payment today or tomorrow, 

I see many post similar to yours and it seems about the average to get these cases resolved is about 3 months, are you going to keep letting Airbnb guest enter your property? 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Rosella17 @Helen427 @Pat271 

Hi, any luck so far?

Can you tell me you can still log in? 

Have Airbnb removed all of your transaction history? I have just seen a post about this it could mean you have no proof,

This was the post I saw, not here bye the way,

I also believe it is intentional and yes, frauduent and highly illegal. To add to the issue, they are also erasing all transaction history for the missing payouts, so guests and host can’t even verify what they are owed.

My transaction history is still there and money owed shown. 
I am refusing good bookings for the Summer does that make sense you think?

@Rosella17 

That's good to know,

It's not good to refuse bookings because of AirBnB. How are you refusing them? Is it an inquiry or an actual booking?

Be careful cancelling bookings on Airbnb they will penalize you, 

This is where you need your own direct booking site; in fact, this is exactly one of the reasons to have one, I can help you with that; I know where you can get one for free, Let me know and I will explain you need to move fast as not to lose any bookings. 

One other option I read that has worked for host is for you to contact your guest that have stayed with you were payments are being with held and ask them to contact Airbnb were has their money gone............? Because you have not paid the guest and we have paid you, It seems like AirBnB jumps when the guests start complaining. You can give that a try, 

I have just asked the guest to conatact Airbnb fingers crossed. With regards to a personal website do you do well with that? I mean it has to come up in searches. I would be interested if you could help. I've been hosting for 10 years never thought of that!

Rosella

@Rosella17 

Good tip: the next time you reply, please use the @@@@  it will notify me.

Having a Direct Booking site is a must these days, To start with, there is no fees for the guest, You will have to do your own marketing, but if you have been hosting for 10 years, you will have a lot of contacts there to start with.

I have only recently set it up so right now I have not got any bookings from it, but I have been using a Link Tracker I know quite a few people have clicked the link,

I began to look into these things more and not rely on AirBnB 100% as I think you and many others have had payments with held.

There is no way Airbnb is doing that to me, so Im getting myself covered and having a back up, I'm due a payment today If that didn't come then I would be kicking the guest out, let them contact Airbnb, 

We will have to go the private message I cant post links here some people get upset,