Payout on HOLD

Answered!
Denise1843
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

Payout on HOLD

Hi Eveyrone

Not sure if this is going to help me or not, I have kinda lost faith. I am hosting a 31 night stay which began on Feb 29th, 2024 (today being March 17, 2024). I have been hosting for 6 years and have several properties that I co-host as well as host. This particular property the payout is to go to my PAYPAL account and has not changed since originally set up. Payouts are usually quick and efficient. However, this one has still not arrived in my account despite 7 EMAILS ON 7 DIFFERENT DAYS stating it has been dispersed. On the app I can see under "earnings" that this payout is "ON HOLD". 

I have called the Superhost line and as usual they are extremely kind and understanding. However they have absolutely no influence to help me. They just tell me that it has been passed on to a "specialized team" who will get back to me. I get a message that says "it looks like you've already called about this"... and "case closed". So I keep calling and repeatedly same thing happens. Finally someone explained that the case was not closed but that the automated message is because everytime I call a new "case" is opened and they are simply adding all the new calls info on the same topic to the original OPEN CASE. OK that makes sense so I feel a bit better. Then I get a message asking how can they help (I assume this is someone from the "specialized team" so (surprised that they do not read the many messages and dig a bit before reaching out, but maybe I am just old school organized this way) I answer as briefly as I can and then he sends me well wishes and then copies and pastes aritcles not relating to my issue but rather long stays in general. FRUSTRATED - I message him back and provide screen shots and deeper explanation (read - doing his job for him) and then get a message that he will have to pass me on to a team that can help me better. 

OH MY GOODNESS. 

I am not sure where to go from here. I am nervous about other bookings. Should I change my payout method? Will that help or will it just muddy the waters. Should I pull all my properties from Airbnb? I feel so alone and not supported. I never felt like this before.

HELP! 

Denise

1 Best Answer

Hi Adele

i finally got somewhere! They told me that some Canadian customers of PayPal (which is where my payout was to go) have a receipt limit of $999. I called PayPal and that process was a lot smoother and we updated my id there and they said the limit had been lifted. So now I’m crossing my fingers that the payout will go through. Could your issue be the same?

denise

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Adele590
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

I’m experiencing the same thing, on hold since March 4th and each time I contact support I’m told they’re working on it and to check back in 72 hrs. Not pleased at all. 

Hi Adele

i finally got somewhere! They told me that some Canadian customers of PayPal (which is where my payout was to go) have a receipt limit of $999. I called PayPal and that process was a lot smoother and we updated my id there and they said the limit had been lifted. So now I’m crossing my fingers that the payout will go through. Could your issue be the same?

denise

Did this get resolved for you?

I have the same situation. On hold for two months. They keep referring me to referring departments. . Without any results?  Im at my witts end!  I need help from the community on what to do?

IMG_6612.png

IMG_6613.png

 same issue!  Class action  lawsuit 

Same issue here.  Airbnb owes over 12k.  No issues with PayPal as I have received 4 payouts.

IMG_6367.png

 Airbnb has been giving me the run around for over 5 months!  
I’m posting this on Airbnb FB groups.  I tried emailing CEO. 
I have an address of a law firm they provided eventually that serves businesses.  But they refused to give me their legal departments contact info 

IMG_6415.jpeg