Pending Payout was Never Paid Out by Airbnb

John1440
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Pending Payout was Never Paid Out by Airbnb

Hi there, I'm a superhost who has had an issue with a pending payout since 2018 (that is not a typo) it's been over 2 years. Let me retype that. Two years. I have done everything to connect my bank account and have been following up with Airbnb and each time Airbnb simply responds with:

"Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this issue. I'm forwarding your inquiry to a member of our team who can better assist you. They'll be getting in touch with you soon.

In the meantime, please feel free to respond to this message with any further questions or concerns."

I've create a number of support tickets, which after a certain period Airbnb simply closes and I have to open a new ticket and explain my situation all over again. I've spoken to a couple agents who assure me this is being looked into and thank me for my patience. 

But seriously, how much patience can someone have. There is no timeline for a resolution. 

Anyone else experience something like this? Or can you advise on how I might be able to get this resolved. 

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@John1440 

It is rediculous how Airbnb is handling payout issues. There are numerous similar cases. After all it is OUR money which they are keeping in their pocket. I have a pending payout from March, seems not possible to solve it with the Airbnb robots. At least my case is not closed, but still open (after reading your post i now fear two more years of waiting...).

Sometimes sending a DM to Airbnb on Twitter (account: AirbnbHelp) will trigger things. The team behind the Twitter account used to be very competent.

Sorry to hear you're having a similar problem to me. I have definitely used Twitter and I do find them to be responsive. However it does seem like there is an internal support/ticketing system which is not accessible by hosts which handles accounts payables related problems. This just makes the situation even more untenable because we have no way of tracking the status of a ticket so the constant worry of it getting lost. I think my example is a cautionary tale and hopefully it eventually gets resolved. I'm still travelling with airbnb and my pending payout is for $3854.96 CAD so it's pretty substantial. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @John1440 , I'm sure you've heard this before, but for what its worth I'm very sorry you are experiencing this.

Being an online community for hosts and guests to connect means there ain't much we can do from our end, and yes, I realise the irony of what I'm about to write, but I have just forwarded your details to the CS team, asking for an update on your case.

I will send you a DM with any updates.

By the way @Emiel1 I included your details also. Let's hope to a resolution for you both.

Thank you 

Nick 

Thanks @Nick I appreciate the note, and yeah the 'we appreciate your patience' messages do start to ring hollow after a while. The process for this type of issue is abstract and not transparent which just adds to the frustration. I have faith that this will eventually get resolved but it's a lot of effort to have to continuously follow up. I appreciate your note and would love to get a DM if/when you receive a response. 

Thanks from Toronto!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Of course, I totally understand where you are coming from @John1440 

As soon as I have any information, I will let you know and will also pass your comments on transparency to the team.

Best,

Nick 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nick 

Thank you very much !

John1440
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nick here's some copies of some of the threads. Each thread eventually gets marked as 'closed' by the agent... and I'm forced to start the process all over again - even though the case isn't resolved and should't be closed. This is the only open thread 'thread/887435638' and this thread is the most complete inbox/782133575

It's very disappointing to hear that they have no open tickets on their end for my issue. Every time I open a ticket, call, or use twitter DM they assure me:

"We definitely understand your frustration, but we assure you that we recognize the importance of having this matter addressed. Please know that your case is in the hands of a specialized team member who will follow up with you to provide the best steps to take on your case. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Please share details with your contacts if possible as maybe there is something going wrong with the tickets and they are getting lost which is why this issue is taking so long to resolve.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 09.01.48@2x.png

John1440
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

An update for everybody. I have yet to receive any response whatsoever from the team at Airbnb. Despite me reaching out through messaging and on twitter. It's so disappointing to be left in the dark especially when I'm owed such a large payout, for such a long period of time. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John1440 Do you have a small claims court in Canada. I would go there if I were you.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @John1440 again, very sorry this is taking so long. I followed up on it once more, but got the same reply from CS that it is with the specific department and they are working on it. 

I really do hope it won't be much longer and once again, thank you for your patience on this.