Questions about Hosting in Venice

Answered!
Christian3882
Level 1
Venice, Italy

Questions about Hosting in Venice

Hello,

i am a new host in Venice Italy and have a few questions.

1. How are you sending your cleaning person the bookings you get? Are you usesing any software?

2. how are you managing your laundry? Are there companys which select your dirty laundry and bring new ones?

i hope somebody can help me out a little.

thank you for your time:)

1 Best Answer
Cristina3390
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Hi @Christian3882,

I am fairly new too (actually i am not new, but have not been hosting for years so i am a bit rusty), but the way i set it up at the moment is that i made the cleaning person a co-host - you can set different levels of access: view only up to full access, pretty much.

that way  they are always in the loop with the booking schedule. Also we have both synced calendars with iCal (that is if you are on iOs, but comparable one on other operating systems) and that way you have free days, reserved days and confirmed days all available on you calendar of choice - and that goes for anyone else you might need to keep informed too.

Maybe there are better ways to manage it, but at the moment these two are working well for me.

As for laundry, there are services that manage everything laundry-wise, some even let you rent out linens and towels, kind of a pay-as-you-go service, but i am not sure what is happening in Venice (though you surely are pretty tourist savvy in the city, so there'll be plenty options available).

For my island rental, the cleaning lady stores all linen, towels etc in her home, brings in clean ones and takes home stuff to be washed and just charges me per wash.

hope this helps!

C

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Cristina3390
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Hi @Christian3882,

I am fairly new too (actually i am not new, but have not been hosting for years so i am a bit rusty), but the way i set it up at the moment is that i made the cleaning person a co-host - you can set different levels of access: view only up to full access, pretty much.

that way  they are always in the loop with the booking schedule. Also we have both synced calendars with iCal (that is if you are on iOs, but comparable one on other operating systems) and that way you have free days, reserved days and confirmed days all available on you calendar of choice - and that goes for anyone else you might need to keep informed too.

Maybe there are better ways to manage it, but at the moment these two are working well for me.

As for laundry, there are services that manage everything laundry-wise, some even let you rent out linens and towels, kind of a pay-as-you-go service, but i am not sure what is happening in Venice (though you surely are pretty tourist savvy in the city, so there'll be plenty options available).

For my island rental, the cleaning lady stores all linen, towels etc in her home, brings in clean ones and takes home stuff to be washed and just charges me per wash.

hope this helps!

C

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Cristina3390 👋

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with @Christian3882. I am sure it will be very helpful. Let us know when you can read this, @Christian3882.

@Andrea6232 is also one of our more experienced Hosts with a listing in Venice, and I am tagging them in case they want to share any additional ideas 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad