Request for a nightly % discount option

Jo-and-Peter0
Level 2
Legerwood, United Kingdom

Request for a nightly % discount option

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same frustrations about pricing? Whilst the weekly and monthly discount options are great, I am struggling to find a solution to pricing my largest property without there being an option to provide a nightly discount for every night between our minimum stay and the 7 night weekly discount. Our nightly price has to be half of our minimum 2 night price, however, when that nightly price is applied to nights 3, 4, 5 and 6, the overall price becomes ludicrous and not our genuine prices. We cannot lower our nightly price as it then does not become possible for us to host the property for lower than our 2 night price. 

Does anyone else have this same issue, or know of a possible solution? I have sent feedback to Airbnb asking them to consider making this an option so it would be great to know if anyone else has said the same in the hope they may listen? Having contacted @Airbnb Support, their suggestion was to come on and give a promotion every other day, which is very impractical and not admin friendly. Their other suggestion was to offer a Special Price each time we get an enquiry over 2 nights, however, due to potential guests seeing the inaccurate price once they've searched for properties, I worry that they would not even click on our property as the price is going to look so high. 

Any advice would be much appreciated - thank you!

Jo

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jo-and-Peter0 We use the cleaning fee to attempt to keep prices reasonable for longer stays whilst ensuring we get a bit more per night for any 3 night bookings (3 nights being our minimum stay).

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jo-and-Peter0 I've just looked at your listing and am bemused as to why you have a 45% discount for weekly stays. Effectively 4,5,6 nights will be more expensive than 7 nights.

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thank you so much for replying to my post! 
I’ve set the weekly discount to 45% purely so that The price quoted to potential guests is the correct weekly price that we want to offer, rather than an over-priced amount like the 3-6 night price. Just was a quick way of hopefully keeping some chance of getting a booking on here! 
Thanks for the tip about using the cleaning fee to help with pricing. I’ll look into that.

Thank you!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jo-and-Peter0 I've just had a play on excel (as an excuse not to do the painting) and I can't get to what you are targeting by use of the cleaning fee.

Perhaps another approach is in order i.e. question what you are trying to achieve!!!

Our, perhaps simplistic approach, is to set the cleaning fee at what we are willing to charge to turn the apartment around (note this is not the actual cost but rather what we are willing to be paid). Then we just set the minimum term to 3 days as we don't want to clean/have new people every day irrespective of what we are paid. Finally we add a 10% weekly discount to encourage people booking for a week as we don't really like cleaning too often!

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 

I've not had a chance to work out a different cleaning fee yet, but thank you for explaining your system to me and I have added this to my to-do list. Delighted to have given you a reason to procrastinate from your painting!! I really appreciate your responses 🙂 

Jo