Selling hosting accommodation

عماد-شعبان0
Level 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Selling hosting accommodation

When I sell my home it is allotted hosting. If there are reservations on the Airbnb platform, what should I do? Is there any responsibility because of reservations depend on time and cost? 

6 Replies 6
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @عماد-شعبان0, thank you so much for posting this question in our community.

I am reaching out to some of our wonderful Hosts to see if they can share some insights on this: @Shelley159@Zheng49@Nash-Cottages-LLC0 and @Alicia753.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @عماد-شعبان0 

My understanding is that you want to sell a home that is listed on Airbnb, and that you have future bookings in place. If you're selling the house to someone who won't be hosting Airbnb stays, you can cancel the bookings for dates after the sale. Cancelation will incur penalties and damage your host rating, but this may not be a problem if you won't continue as a host anyway. It may be difficult to decide when to cancel the bookings - you probably want to wait until you know the exact date of tranfer and only cancel the ones therafter, but one also wants to be considerate and give guests enough time to find alternative accommodation.

I hope I understand your question correctly and that this helps a bit!

Thank you. useful information 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@عماد-شعبان0 you should limit the availability of your listing to the date on which you plan to sell it. Taking bookings you might not be able to honour is morally wrong and will rightly cause you to be fined by Airbnb.

Nash-Cottages-LLC0
Level 10
Nashville, TN

@paula, thanks for the tag. 

@عماد-شعبان0 you could call customer service and ask if delisting will impact your current reservations. If not, then you might want to consider delisting you property and host the remaining guests who have booked. That way, you can wind down hosting in a way that honors current reservations without having to cancel future bookings. 

Good luck with the sale!

Thank you. useful information