Setting the upcoming minimum nightly rate

Tara506
Level 1
Virginia Beach, VA

Setting the upcoming minimum nightly rate

I live at the beach and it's coming up to our warm busy season and I want my minimum nightly rate/weekend rates to be still set as smart pricing but a higher min. rate I will take.  Is this possible because I have my settings only able to book 3 months out and right now I still want the min. nightly rate low until May? I don't want to customize the pricing on a daily/weekly/monthly basis because I still want smart pricing on.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

I@Tara506 

YOu can certainly increase your minimum rate - but I'm gathering what you want as "minimum" for the high season is a lot higher than your "minimum" for the low season?   

If you have multicalendar ( ie you have more than one listing) You could use "rule sets" to apply to higher seasons which sounds like exactly what you are after.   A sneak option - you could duplicate your listing, then snooze it - airbnb would still recognise you have more than one listing and you could use the rule set option.  bit of mucking around in the first instance but a good long term solution.

OR you could duplicate your listing have one minimum price for high season for the 2nd version  and another lower minimum for the original version - just block out dates on the original one for high season so that it can't be booked at a low price.  Teh draw back with this plan is that your new second duplicate version will have no reviews.   I think the multi calendar idea is the best option.   Other more experienced hosts may have other ideas...