Setting up payout to co-host

Margaret433
Level 2
Kapaʻa, HI

Setting up payout to co-host

As a superhost-owner with multiple listings, I recently appointed a trusted co-host with full access to the website.  He had recently been a "team member", and I followed Airbnb's instructions to revoke his team membership in order to upgrade his status to a co-host.  He is working out really well as a co-host, and I want to arrange a % payout for him.  I am finding it frustratingly impossible to do so!  When I go to the "payout" link in the co-host set-up, I get the error message "conflict with team".  (But he is no longer listed as a team member).  I reported this to Airbnb support 6 days ago, with no solution.  Any advice on how to work around this problem?

6 Replies 6
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Margaret433 

I found an earlier thread on exactly the same issue you are facing so I hope you haven't already tried the tip that's included in the link below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Hosting-Team-Members-issue-for-Co-host/m-...

Fingers crossed

Joëlle

Thanks, Joelle.  The earlier thread that you linked to implies that in order to set up a co-host, you have to deactivate an entire team.  That is not the case.  I terminated one of my several team members and successfully set him up as a co-host with no problem.  The problem is that I am unable to set up payouts for my co-host.  I follow Airbnb's instructions to the letter, and I get the same error message every single time: "Payouts can't be set up due to teams conflict".  I have had extensive communications with Airbnb Support for the last 10 days, and they say there is no problem with my account and no problem with the Airbnb system.    Do you know any way I can get this escalated to Airbnb management?

Hello @Margaret433 

I only saw your message today as without the @before the name of the person you are messaging, we don't get notified of a new thread! 

How frustrating!  so whilst I don't know how to contact management per se, I do know that @Bhumika will try and help out her end as best she can but she will ask you if you have a case opened regarding this issue. It's a number that is given by Customer support normally.  

Joëlle

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Margaret433 , Thank you for sharing all about the issue with us! I noticed you have multiple listings. Would you mind sharing,  on which listing you intend to make the changes? Also, would it be possible for you to share a video through a Google Drive link demonstrating the issue or concern you are facing? Once I get these,  I will try to reach out to the tech team to see if they have any advice for us or if we are missing out on some settings.

Thank you so much @Joelle43 for tagging me here! Always appreciate the guidance you provide to our lovely host members🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Aaron339
Level 2
United States

Hi @Margaret433.  I had the same problem and just figured it out.  Click the "Delete Team" button in the Teams section::  Team->Team Settings -> Delete Team

Hi @Aaron339,so if you delete the team you can set up the payouts as a fixed amount?