Short-term discounts disabled on my account

Answered!
Val4219
Level 4
Hollywood, FL

Short-term discounts disabled on my account

Hey guys need help. I used to be able to Set short-term discounts back when I was a host, last year. I took a hiatus and am a returning host. I found short term discounts disabled for my account. Like I can see my old promotions but not able to offer new promotions. I contacted airbnb and was told only new hosts can do this. I do not think that makes sense. I know as new hosts, we can offer some promotions like once or twice. That is not what I am talking about. I an speaking of  the ongoing ability to set promotions any time for certain dates or months. And if you offer 25%  or more, airbnb send a weekly promotional emails through their mailing lists. And for under 25%, you nightly rate gets a strike line. Know what I am talking about? Please help. This is driving me nuts cause I stopped getting bookings and that promotion used to be magical.

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

What CS told you was incorrect. Surprise, surprise. 😞

You should be able to add promotions on your calendar.

Go to your calendar on the browser version of Airbnb. Don’t select any dates. On the right-hand side, make sure you are on the Pricing tab. There should be a Promotions section, and then Custom Promotion under that. Select Custom Promotion, and it will prompt you to select the dates for the promotion.

NOTE: If you don’t see the Custom Promotion section, there are certain exceptions in which it will be disabled. Read here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2720

IMG_2171.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

27 Replies 27
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

What CS told you was incorrect. Surprise, surprise. 😞

You should be able to add promotions on your calendar.

Go to your calendar on the browser version of Airbnb. Don’t select any dates. On the right-hand side, make sure you are on the Pricing tab. There should be a Promotions section, and then Custom Promotion under that. Select Custom Promotion, and it will prompt you to select the dates for the promotion.

NOTE: If you don’t see the Custom Promotion section, there are certain exceptions in which it will be disabled. Read here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2720

IMG_2171.jpeg

Thank you for the reply @Pat271 .  When I go to my calendar this is what appears: 

Screenshot 2023-06-02 120518.jpg

When I click "pricing and availability" on the right, it redirects to the page below

When I click pricing and availability it redirects to this page automaticallyWhen I click pricing and availability it redirects to this page automatically

There is not even an option for viewing past promotions on that tab anymore 😞

@Wendy1393 

Ah, yes, you are using a full-blown channel manager, in which most functions on the Airbnb side are disabled and “taken-over” by the channel manager.

I am using Pricelabs only for Dynamic Pricing/Availability, which overrides some Airbnb settings, but some of them can still be set and take precedence, and the calendar isn’t read-only.

Just curious the benefits you get from using a channel manager. Do you have a fair number of listings and OTA platforms you use?

This is the same thing happening to me after I updated last week. Support was useless and said it is because of my 3rd party software. I told them it worked 2 hours prior to me doing the update.

What was the fix?

I do not believe there is a fix. Customer service told me in the same breath that this is by design for co-host in the new early access, and then told me to contact my channel manager. Neither make sense.

@Wendy1393  Looking at your screenshots, I notice that your interface is slightly different than mine. For instance, under calendar, I have “Pricing” and “Availability” broken out into two tabs.

Are you using the Airbnb Beta?

I forgot to mention, I am using the early access/beta features.

None of those listing types apply to me. When they say at least 3 reservations, does that mean new hosts?

I am returning after a few months hiatus. I got one current booking now for 1 month. Then I got 2 upcoming bookings.

Will That feature come up after those 3 bookings have past? Is that what I should understand? @Pat271 

@Val4219 

I think you’ve had enough bookings judging by the reviews you have, and snoozing for a few months should not have affected the total booking count.

Are you using the Airbnb Beta?

I thought I was in beta. How do I verify? 

I was a host in the past then converted my old listing in order to keep my reviews. I am no longer renting my home. I am renting the guesthouse. 

I still can't get answers from airbnb.  I don't know if I am in beta mode or not

Do you see try early access on your listing page? I unfortunately did and now I cannot do promotions since I use a channel manager.

Is beta the early access? I am using early access feature.. if that isn't beta, what is the link to beta?

@Pat271 thank you for being persistent. It helped me be persistent too with airbnb support. Took 3 tickets and a stern final phone call demanding for a supervisor to get the answers I needed.

Essentially airbnb detected that I had an AIRDNA attached to the account and that is why the feature short term promotion feature was disabled.

I last used AIRDNA in 2021 for 1 single month. It didnt interfere with my account for a long time after.  But Somehow their software  activated again when I reactivated my listing.

I contacted them and they deleted my property from their service. 

Bam! The short term custom promotion feature reappeared in my calendar settings. 

Thank you.