Starting Hosting

Jessica4109
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Starting Hosting

I would like to start Hosting airbnbs, do i have to start with my own property ? or can i start hosting someone elses? Im researching everything i need to know before i start and this is something im not too sure of. 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can cohost other people's as well as your own but most hosts prefer cohosts who understand how to use various STR platforms and know how to manage cleaner and suppliers , how to set up and manage listings .

better to start with your own property and once have experience then you can offer cohosting services to others

@Jessica4109 

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jessica4109 😊

Welcome to the community, and thank you for asking this question here! 🎉

That’s a wonderful decision. Would you like to rent out your entire property or just a bedroom?

Our host has suggested a great idea, if you’re interested in becoming a co-host, here’s what you need to know:

👉 How to find and become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb? 

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jessica4109 

@Helen3 provided great advice. 

Yes, there is the Co-host network but I see that your profile is for South Africa and unfortunately the Co-host Network is not currently operating in South Africa... yet!

Here is where the Co-host network is currently active.
France, Spain, Italy, Australia, Germany, Canada, the UK, and selected U.S. states (Illinois, Colorado, Arizona, California, and Florida).

All the best!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Raghav40
Level 2
Udaipur, India

Hi @Jessica4109 

Welcome to the community!

You absolutely do not need to own a property to host on Airbnb but Starting with your own property does have some advantages:

• No rent to pay: You'll keep all the profit after expenses.
  • Complete control: You set the rules and design the guest experience.
  • Learning by doing: You'll gain firsthand experience with every aspect of hosting.

So I believe hosting your own property will give you more first hand experience and then you can start co hosting someone else property!