Stranger things

Daniel9911
Level 2
Lugano, Switzerland

Stranger things

Hello everyone! I was renting out my listings in Russia and Cyprus for a coupe of years and everything was fine. I had a Russian bank account for my Moscow apartment and a Cyprus bank account for my two Limassol apartments. Obviously when the war started Arbnb announced that all Russian listings and payouts are being put on hold from the 1st of April. Seemed fair and I had no problem with them blocking my Moscow calendar and continued with getting new bookings in Cyprus. In a couple of weeks I didn't get my first payout and thought that it must be some kind of a technical issue since my calendar was open and I was getting new bookings for the summer. I didn't get any notifications nor emails from Airbnb that would indicate that my Cyprus listings where blocked. At first the support team convinced me that it was indeed a technical issue and told me to wait for the special team to solve it. After that things got a bit funny. I got a reply saying that since a had a Russian ID and a Russian phone number the system blocked my account from getting payouts. That said I was still getting new bookings and Airbnb had no problem with filling out my calendar. So I uploaded my UK passport and my current Swiss number and got hold of the support team once again. Three times already a get to the point where a support team member told me to hold on and that he will be out of office for a week. After a couple of days my case gets closed automatically which is irritating to say the least. By the end of October the unpaid amount will be around 6500 euros. I can't wrap my head around the fact that my listings are open and Arbnb continues to make money off my property but at the same time refuses to pay me for my work without giving me a straight answer why this is happening in the first place. If someone has a same issue please let me know or maybe there is a solution that I have yet to come across. In any case would love to hear your opinion on the matter. 

Many thanks,

Daniel

1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Daniel9911 

This 'out of office' excuse is a common tactic employed by Airbnb CS. Every time they can't answer your question, the rep (especially if the case has just been 'escalated' to them) is suddenly going to be out of the office for a few days. Meanwhile, the BOT often urges you to mark the case as resolved even though no one has actually answered the question or done anything...