Verify ID now required for all travelers?

Ramona11
Level 4
Naples, FL

Verify ID now required for all travelers?

Has anyone else run up against a requirement to use Verify ID no matter who you are booking with? For security reasons I do not with to keep my ocs on file and link my airbnb profile with my fb page. So I have not been able to book with any hosts now, and the hosts are not the ones imposing the requirement. as a Super Host myself, I think this is going to really hurt my business. Anyone know anything? Thanks!

490 Replies 490

They have enough intel on the renter.  You need to take out insurances.  it is a business transaction.    

Francis2300
Level 1
Stalham, United Kingdom

You know we are who we say by reviews and payments. No way am I letting some company have enough personal info that a hacker could commit fraud or the info could be misused.

Booking.com
Agoda
Expedia

I agree as well and told them I will not use them any longer. We have been hosts ourselves but those days are over too. This is an unnecessary privacy violation to have a photo.  The host we were trying to rent from called them to try to override the policy and they would not let her. 

Yep, agree.  found a perfect airbnb place, but not doing this.

I want to see who I am hosting before I accept a request. You can tell a lot about a person through the picture they post. I see dogs, skulls, fingers, grayed out, even stolen photos, that's BS. R U that ugly not to post your photo?

Do a video link chat to proposed renter.  It's a business you're doing.  The term, 'hosting', sounds a little extended now as the model changes.  Faulting Towers.   

and your name is ken

**[Inappropriate comment removed - Community Center Guidelines]

What bond does airbnb offer when they are breached and the perpetrators now have a full photo ID to raid my accounts.

None.  They just say "sorry".  That is if you can reach them...

absolutely agree. I will have to stop using airbnb also. People are crazy to post their drivers licence or their passport page. Anyone remember that Equifax the keeper of everyones information had a massive privacy breach in 2017 - if Equifax can't keep things safe who can. Airnnb hosts should realize that they will lose business. I cancelled out of a Hawaii rental because of this.

Agree, not doing it.

Exactly!

I totally agree with this.  It's a bummer.  AirBnB is a great service, but I'll gfo to Craigslist or HomeAway

Jonathan528
Level 1
Mountsorrel, United Kingdom

Agreed