What amount of the payment by the guest I should write to the tax?

What amount of the payment by the guest I should write to the tax?

My country is Greee. I am a new host. How i declere the payment by the guest to the tax? Example airbnb inform me that  guest payed 100 euro Airbnb send me 70 euro for the rent and 10 for the cleaning. What i must write to the tax please?

1 Reply 1

Hey there! Welcome to the Airbnb hosting community—it's great to have you here! 
When it comes to declaring your earnings for tax purposes in Greece, you'll generally need to declare the total amount that the guest paid, not just what you received from Airbnb.
So in your example:
Guest payment: €100 (this includes the rent and cleaning fee)
Airbnb payout to you: €70 for the rent and €10 for the cleaning
You would declare the full €100 as your income because that is what the guest paid. The amount Airbnb keeps as their service fee is considered an expense, which you can likely deduct when calculating your taxable income. But the key is to report the total income first.
It’s always a good idea to keep detailed records of each transaction and consult with a local tax advisor who can provide advice tailored to your specific situation.
Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask—happy hosting!