What do I do wrong?

Magdalini2
Level 2
Heraklion, Greece

What do I do wrong?

Dear airbnb community,

I am sort of newbie in the airbnb world. Since 2019 I offer hosting and in 2019 I had a dynamic start.

I had no guests since then and I wonder if I miss something.

The cosy Mirabello Sea House is so well situated very comfortable and pleasant and I take care all the details especially all that has to to the cleanliness. It is fully furnished, fully equipped and mainly in very reasonable cost.

Could someone advise what should I do to increase somehow my visibility and potentiality to get reservations?

How could I potentially increase the popularity of my residence?

cheers,

Magdalini Chatzaki

Magdalini Chatzaki
18 Replies 18
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Magdalini2 I have searched for accommodation for 3 people and found many similar properties to yours. Just putting a few days in October into the search you come out at a price per night that is almost twice that of most of your competition. As a listing with no reviews and nothing apparent to offer that these other places do not have it is perhaps not surprising you are not getting bookings.

Dear @Mike-And-Jane0,

thank you for your help.

I actually can't tell what was your search criteria because in the category of 2-bedroom, full bathroom independent, entire place residence for 3 guests with all the amenities and services Mirabello Sea House offers its has no competitor in the area after in dates in October.  But the search criteria is a subjective matter anyway.

As far as it concerns the reviews, as I do not have reservation requests at all there is no way to have any review. Right? By the way the reviews of Mirabello Sea House on other booking platforms are exceptional, so it seems that there is another flaw.

Thank you anyway, you were really helpful and I appreciate your supportive attitude.

Magdalini Chatzaki

@Magdalini2 You have a lovely listing in a heavenly location, and it should be getting booked. You say you are popular on other platforms so if your calendar is limited on Airbnb that could be part of the issue. I agree with others about the photos and you’re working on that, so that’s good. With the stunning location and views, you want to highlight that. I would suggest you lead with a jaw dropping view photo as your ‘hook’. The more Airbnb features you elect to use, the more favorably the algorithm will place you in searches. You might consider to lower your price just a bit, temporarily, to attract those first few guests who will provide you some reviews. Don’t go so low that you attract sketchy guests. Best of luck! 

Dear @Colleen253 thank you for your positive comments,

I will follow your advise step by step. Thank you.

Magdalini Chatzaki