What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

Hello! We are relatively new to AirBnB, and we don't know what a normal Booking Rate is.

We can only see our own, so if you are willing to share your Booking Rate, maybe we can all gain some insight!

We are in San Francisco, and ours has varied from 0.6% to 1.1% over the last few weeks.

76 Replies 76

Hahaha, you are so correct, they may google at it but can't buy (aka book) it! Good one M.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

0.0002! lol. I am on 0.6, give or take.

You could ''improve'' by creating another island to get more bookings squeezed in.

I'm in San Francisco as well (Sunset) and my booking rate is .5-1%. I usually have ~70% occupancy rate.

@Angela608 thanks for the info!

Did you see any change in bookings / booking rate when the AirBnB removed those thousands of listings from San Francisco?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/19/airbnb-san-francisco-listings-cut-in-half/

No I didn't really see an uptick in bookings! 😞 I think that I charge a fair price for what I am providing guests but there are a ton of Sunset properties that will charge $30-40 less per night which I am not going to do to get a higher occupancy rate. Just not worth my time.

Angela, have you heard from other rentors if it has affected them? What an event, 50% of listings removed in one day.

@Angela608@Fred13 it is like the opposite of what has been happening in other cities. When looking at questions from hosts wondering why their bookings are soft, often it turns out that the number of listings in the area has doubled in the recent past.

I have no idea how AirBnB re-homed all the people from those thousands of listings. I thought it would be chaos, but it was so quiet it was like nothing had happened. Bookings are definitely a bit stronger, but nothing like you would think.

Fascinating. Yes what happened to all those folks booked in those thousands of listings? If the local hotel owners hold an immediate party in SF this coming weekend, full of rejoicing and happiness, then that may serve to give us a clue.

Helen8
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

My booking rate is 3.8% but it is normally quite a lot lower.  Something interesting I have found is that my rate tends to be higher in the low season!  I think that's because a fewer number of people are viewing my listing, but those that do often book.  In the summer months I am often booked solid in advance, so that anyone who looks is only browsing... therefore a lower booking rate.  I don't think this statistic is very valuable and I would not mind at all if it was eliminated.  A vacancy rate would be much more telling.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

2.3% here

- What we really want to know is how has booking rate for non-plus properties held up in cities that have opened up plus (or even for those that aspire, how has plus increased bookings / revenue per night).

- My advice - vary price. My unit is a fixed cost with or without a guest. I'd rather make some money than no money. Midweek is slow, so lower price. Weekend always sells so increase price.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Matthew285 Mine tends to be in the 1.6 to 2.3% range on my primary Airbnb. I'm in a fairly low-competition market.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Matthew285 @Alexandra316 @Helen8 @Fred13

My percentage only looks relatively high because I am not in a high volume area....if I get 20 views a day, I break out the champers!!

Mine is currently........

Booking rate.png

But I find this a totally useless bit of information though!

The percentage tells me the number of people who booked as a ratio of the number of people who looked at my listing but, it tells me I had 17 un-booked days......I didn't, I had 2. There were only 4 nights over that 30 day period when there was not an Airbnb guest in my listing and a further 2 nights I blocked for other bookings so, there was only 2 nights in that period when there wasn't a paid guest in that bed!

That statistic should be either re-worded or deleted, it's completely unhelpful to me and nobody else gets to see it so, it makes no point except to make me feel I am falling off the wagon!

The only interesting thing in that graph is that absolutely nobody looked at my listing on 4th March!

Since I have been hosting I have never seen that before.

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4   It seems no hosts anywhere show any views on March 4th, which was talked about in another thread. Site was undergoing some changes apparently so no views were registered that day?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977

Thanks Sarah, with what I have going on I missed that. It just struck me as odd as I had never seen it before.

The sillyness of the sales pitch just never stops though! Was I 'really' supposed to lower my price in March???

March reservations.png

We all know they are auto-generated, but they are annoying though.

Cheers.....Rob

Gigi54
Level 2
Mount Coolum, Australia

We’re new to all this - not Superhosts yet so forgive the intrusion - my booking rate is currently 3.5 for 114 views.

We’ve hosted three times and have 2 upcoming bookings.  Uncertain if that helps anyone figure out what they’re actually using to calculate this.

would like to say thanks though to those of you who said don’t discount.  I’ve done this twice.  One of the future bookings has already advised he has a new car and asked for undercover parking (which we don’t have and don’t advertise) but I suggested we could erect a denountable shade pergola - am now thinking this person could be hard work.  

Thank you for the sage sage advice and perspectives - would be lost without the Community.

~ Roh & Gigi