When did AIRBNB reinstate the Ambassador program?

Answered!
Caroline2213
Level 3
Pittsburgh, PA

When did AIRBNB reinstate the Ambassador program?

Hello all you wonderful hosts out there.  I became an AIRBNB Ambassador in December 2022.  I was really loving helping my mentees get to their first booking.   I was in the program until late Spring 2023 and then all the sudden Airbnb advised that the cash reward would drop significantly.   I was surprised by this but still wanted to continue with the program.  Two weeks after the decrease in rewards I then received a letter stating that they were not continuing the program at this time and I will not be receiving any more mentees.  

I was disappointed and reached out but was told that at this time the program is no longer available to me.  All my credentials were in order as I am still a A Superhost and most of my properties our now "guest favorites."   So this evening I looked into the Ambassador program again and there it was.  So I reapplied and will see if they "accept" me.     

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding this.   Thank you in advance and Happy New Year,

Best, 

Caroline 

Pittsburgh 

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Caroline2213, and a huge welcome back to the Community Center! 

You're right, the Ambassador Program was temporarily stopped but later restarted to continue providing this support to new hosts; I don't know exactly when though. 

It'll be great to have you back supporting the new Hosts though. Please let us know how you get on with your application. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Caroline2213, and a huge welcome back to the Community Center! 

You're right, the Ambassador Program was temporarily stopped but later restarted to continue providing this support to new hosts; I don't know exactly when though. 

It'll be great to have you back supporting the new Hosts though. Please let us know how you get on with your application. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Caroline2213
Level 3
Pittsburgh, PA

Hello Rebecca.  Thank you for getting back to me.  AIRBNB did get back to me and let me know they are not taking on any more Ambassadors in Pittsburgh at this time.  I am thinking they are only assigning mentees to local Ambassadors only vs pulling them from other cities.   Hopefully they will need more at some point.   Hope your having a wonderful day in the UK my friend.

best, 

caroline

@Caroline2213 I'm looking for information on becoming a Superhost Ambassador. Caroline, did they originally reach out to you to join or did you have to ask? I am also the same corner of Pennsylvania, but I am closer to the mountains than to Pittsburgh.

Roy

Hello Roy.  The Superhost Ambassador Program  webpage is where I went to fill out an application to reapply.   It currently states they are not taking new applicants but keep checking to see if it opens up👍

happy hosting

caroline