Who do we blame when we no longer have enough bookings for superhost.?

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Who do we blame when we no longer have enough bookings for superhost.?

It just dawned on me, at this rate I'll never have the bookings they expect to keep my superhost rating.  And let's face it, it won't be due to any of us for the lack of bookings.  I wonder how many more are out there, that don't come to the CC to see what's being talked about.

19 Replies 19

@Huma0....I mentioned Fred...it was actually Bob.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Huma0...Good question...wonder what their booking instead.? 

The lady yesterday put in a request, she hadn't booked yet.  After hearing the dog would have to climb stairs that did it, right before my eyes as she said I'll cancel my request, it disappeared.  I usual have most of the summer booked. 

Did you call to be placed in one of the categories.  I saw a place in "countryside" that isn't too far from me.  I'd like to know how they decided who they themselves would choose who gets a category.  I did a search looking for articles about ABnB.  Their the ones who are in the OMG! they spent a ton of money for that.  Then there was one that was down right frightening.

Fred told me he's on several sites, said not one booking yet this year from tripadvisor, but 30 days already for next year.  I'm really not tech savvy and linking calendars scares me.  Are you on other sites as well.?  Like Fred said, he doesn't want all his eggs in one basket.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wende2 

So, initially, I couldn't really find my listings in categories. Then, after much investigation recently, I found them in 'shared homes', which was definitely where I would expect them to be, but not all of them were there initially. I also realised a few days ago that one of the listings (the only one getting a few views now) is also in Iconic Cities (London wasn't in that category initially) and historical homes (which initially only included properties in France!).

The other two weren't though. I didn't call CS because I was already messaging back and forth with a rep RE my views. I asked him about it and he submitted the request. Yesterday, I got the confirmation that all three listings were eligible for all three of those categories and would be added within 72 hours. I haven't noticed any improvement in the two that aren't in all the categories, but will see what happens after a few days.

No, I'm not on any other listing sites (other than Houfy, which is quite new and doesn't seem to have any customers yet) because the major listing sites operating here do not cover home shares. Airbnb really is the only big gun in that category.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wende2 

PS, the selection of listings is being done by artificial intelligence, not actual people, so there are bound to be a lot of random errors. However, now there is a team working on it IF you request to be added/removed from categories. There may well be another team looking at it in general, but I would definitely recommend contacting CS if you want to be added to countryside or whatever. 

@Huma0....I didn't go past the first 3 - 4 pages of National parks, those pages were filled with the state of Virginia.  So I'll ask about that, just wish I could ask to be bumped to the front since they put so many pages on for Virginia. I hope you start getting booked after the categories have you in them now.

Something else that just happened, right before my eyes, my profile picture changed, it isn't me.  Not sure what it is.?  I even logged out and waited to log in just to see if I was back, nope.  Guess I need to ask about that now too.  Think I'll log out and search me and see if I'm still on my listing.  Very strange.