delayed payment request

Christine2923
Level 1
Grand Bay-Westfield, Canada

delayed payment request

Can airbnb process a payment a couple days after guests arrival date? I have a couple who want to stay a month but have asked payment be delayed by two days. I don't mind that option, just not sure how to handle it. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine2923 

Payment to Airbnb must be made at time of booking. The only way to "delay" payment is making the actual booking on a later date.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Money matters are between the guests and Airbnb, @Christine2923 . Normally when it is a payment thing, I would say they should ask Airbnb, but this particular request won't do them any good. Airbnb doesn't work that way.

They might, then, want to go outside the system and have you accept a cheque directly two days after they arrive. It's not a good idea for you to agree to this. They may stay the month, or longer, without paying at all, excuse after excuse, and then you have a tangled and expensive mess on your hands. 

If they are serious about staying and paying, and they want to book now, they will find something or someone other than you to carry them. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christine2923  These people are trying to scam you. You aren't their banker. Guests' financial affairs aren't a host's business anymore than yours are any of theirs.