nightly rate adjustment

Annabelle1
Level 5
QC, Philippines

nightly rate adjustment

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me if you have the same issue as me. I am new to this price rate adjustments because my partner and I would like to earn more for this peak season so I change my rate into nightly rate adjustments yet we will not get the money. Why does airbnb collect our adjustment rate instead of us?

Thank you very much for your advise.

Annabelle

32 Replies 32
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Annabelle1 

I do not understand the question, do you mean by "nightly rate adjustment" : Smart Pricing ?

Annabelle1
Level 5
QC, Philippines

Yes! the smart pricing, then separate fee of nightly rate adjustment. where does this money go? because it was not included to the total of my Earnings .

and Even if I turned off the the smart pricing and and nightly rate still it get the lowest rate. and all the deductions .

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Annabelle1  It's still not clear what you are referring to by "separate fee of nightly rate adjustment". 

Kate1995
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

@Annabelle1 Hi I have just accepted a booking which also has a nightly rate adjustment. When you check the breakdown on the fees, it’s the discount applied nightly when you agree to a discount for, in my case a 10% discount for more than a week. I am pretty sure this is what the nightly rate adjustment is for.

Alright. I have that completely removed now, will see how it goes. Thank you very much for your input. Cheers

Hi @Annabelle1 @annabelle, can share how u removed the nightly rate adjustment option? Because I face the same problem. Thanks

Hi @Annabelle1 can you share how you removed the nightly rate adjustment option? Because I am facing the same problem. Thanks 🙂

Are you using smart pricing? I understand there's always a fee that goes with Airbnb, can this be some sort of discount thing? That's the only thing that comes to my mind.

I don't think smart pricing feature is accurate, you should try and price by yourself while taking a look at you competitors numbers, I'm an Airbtics ambassador and our tool can help you do that 🙂 come take a look at our page!

April408
Level 2
Eagle Pass, TX

46D2D6DF-7849-48B8-B501-87A66B8EA656.jpeg

Thi s same thing is happening to me. It’s not the smart pricing.

@April408  It's quite clear what that is- you have a non-refundable cancellation policy option set, which gives guests 10% off. 

I've had a "strict" cancellation policy for 7 years, and only after I recently changed my listing to "smart pricing" did I begin seeing a 10% nightly rate adjustment in the payout details.  I think that w/ smart pricing the guest can select strict or nonrefundable and thus receive the 10% adjustment.

Unfortunately, none of their staff seem to be able to clarify why this sudden change with new bookings, but I can only guess that it is linked to the "smart pricing".

April408
Level 2
Eagle Pass, TX

I figured it out! It’s on the cancellation policy! 4BB4E3D6-0CF8-4371-8CD5-C5FDDDA4A838.jpeg

@April408  One thing to be aware of is that Airbnb CS reps have overridden the non-refundable cancellation policies and refunded guests in spite of it. I don't see the non-refundable options as being beneficial to hosts at all. 

OK - So if there is a 10% Discount to all Guests because the Host selects  "Non Refundable", does that mean the guest receives an ADDITIONAL 10% Discount which the Host provides for 30 Day or longer stays? That obviously becomes a 20% DISCOUNT?!!! 

Anyone have this answer or better yet experience?