payouts

Vincent1257
Level 2
Paris, France

payouts

Airbnb seems to be sitting on payouts with much ease these days.

I was told 3 times in a row that my payouts had been kept in order to guarantee the integrity of the payment method - that is, if I understand the language of Airbnb, the account on which to deposit my payouts. I was also told that this was a random procedure but 3 out of 3 seems less than random.

I have wasted quite a lot of time to release these 3 payouts  and now my current guest payout is once again kept - and I expect with excitement the very personal message that I will receive telling me about the random nature of the hold up, and the fact that this is for my own good and integrity.

What I find most fascinating is the effort that they ask from the hosts and the fact that they are never able to own their mistakes or the failure of their system. The least they could do is compensate for all the days they keep the money they should transfer. Maybe when a proper article in a major newspaper looks into that very unprofessional behaviour will they start reacting. Until then, it is all shallow and  canned apologies.

6 Replies 6
Kaptain0
Level 3
Kingston, Jamaica

Why don’t you change your payout method? Since your current is on the random hold list.

@Kaptain0 there is no such thing Kaptain . ... H

What do you recommend in regards to his statement?

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Vincent1257 this is very normal for the first couple of months or until you are out of the first discounted ,or not , listing period. Read your dashboard , become familar with it because you would have been informed when you set up your listing. Soon enough you will settle into the routine of being paid the day after your guests arrive. This should happen soon because your reviews are good but may not on the second listing,you have just opened. I would say read the details on the dashboard more closely because you may have missed the notification with your first listing, but surely not with your second. Good Luck with your listings , they seem to have plenty of 'integrity ' so I would not worry... H

Helen744

Not an helpful comment.

I have been on airbnb for many years and up until 2023 they were always serving the payouts within 48 hours so your idea of a routine of 24 h payouts is so not on point. 

And where do you read - because you seem to spend some time reading your dashboard - that the lag of payment is contingent upon good past reviews? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Vincent1257 , Hope you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about your delayed payments. I had also reached out to the team to share your concerns with them. Hope someone from the team gets back to you on this one.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines