refunding

Maggie703
Level 1
Haverslev, Denmark

refunding

I have a booking for this evening of 7 people.  They have had some car problems so only 3 people will be at my B&B.  Do I refund them and if so how do I do this over AirB&B

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Maggie703 

I don't charge per person, so I'll leave the recommendation about a refund to other hosts who will know better.

If you do decide to refund, simply go to the booking and find the "Send or request money" option below the guest details. It usually works well and is quite user friendly.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't refund if the four people who are cancelling are in separate rooms in a B and B @Maggie703 

there were other options such as hiring a car or using public transport 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Maggie703 

Looking at your rental it is a very big more luxury type rental.  Just guessing but this is a planned vacation stay not a last minute 1 night stop over.  It is a seperate house so probably easy for me to sneak in 4 non paying guests.  The price differential of 3 guests by even 5 n ights is very significant.  I am not sure what sudden car trouble, I have on the morning of my planned expensive vacation that cause 4 adults to just sit home?

Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Maggie7036,

In this situation I would advice to to send to the guests reservation alteration request proposing the new number of guests. 

You can send the trip change request by following instruction:

1. Click Today > Reservations
  2. Select the reservation you’d like to change
  3. Click Details and then click Change reservation
  4. Change number of guests and check the new price
  5. Review the changes, then click Send request

The guests will have to accept your request, the reservation will be updated with your new details and they’ll be refunded the difference in price. 

But in such situations it is up to you to decide whether to change the booking or not.

You are not obliged to send the guest a request to change the reservation and you are not obliged to confirm the request if the guests send you a request from their side.

Kind regards.

Elena. 

Elena4354
Level 10
Porto, Portugal

@Maggie703, another thing that caught my attention. From what I see in your listing, you are renting out rooms in your home.

You can list multiple rooms at one location by creating a separate listing for each space you have available. 

Each room will have its own calendar and listing page that should accurately reflect the number of beds and amenities, as well as what space will be shared with others.

Also you can create separate listing for the entire house and connect the calendars of the rooms with the calendar of the entire place.  That way, when you accept a trip request for the entire place, the dates will also be blocked on the private room’s calendar.

You can link the calendars by following instruction:

1. Click Calendar and select the listing calendar you want to link
  2. Click Availability, then go to Connect calendars
  3. Click Connect multiple Airbnb listings
  4. Choose the main listing that contains your other listings
  5. Click Next
  6. Select the listings you want to link
  7. Click Link calendars

Hope it will work for you. Kind regards. 

Elena. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Maggie703, I hope everything is well with you.

Have you checked our Hosts' comments? There are different perspectives that could bring some new ideas for you in this situation.

Please keep us posted on whether you decide to refund this guest or not.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad