tax help North Carolina, US

Answered!

tax help North Carolina, US

Hello all I'm hoping to get some concrete answers here. I am a co-host. The host pays me a percentage of the Airbnb earnings which I file self-employment tax and keep precise records. On my home page of Airbnb, it says add tax info now. It says tax info is required from every individual or entity with one or more of the following.  1. Active US listing(s) a 2. US payout method on file, 3.U.S citizen or resident status. My question is being since the owner of the property does not pay me through Airbnb do, I still need to fill out my tax information on the W-9 form. If so, does anyone know which tax classification I would fall under? The choices are   C. Corporation, S corporation, Partnership, Trust estate, LLC single member, LLC C corporation, LLC S corporation, LLC partnership, exempt payee. As mentioned above I am just a co-host. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Linda3895,

Hope you're well. Did you manage to get this looked into or get an answer? 

As a co-host, it is important to comply with the tax requirements set by Airbnb. Even if the property owner does not pay you through Airbnb, you may still need to fill out your tax information on the W-9 form. You could always contact the Airbnb Support Team to get clarification on what you're classified as. 

Hope this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Linda3895,

Hope you're well. Did you manage to get this looked into or get an answer? 

As a co-host, it is important to comply with the tax requirements set by Airbnb. Even if the property owner does not pay you through Airbnb, you may still need to fill out your tax information on the W-9 form. You could always contact the Airbnb Support Team to get clarification on what you're classified as. 

Hope this helps. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca You sadly have an inflated opinion of the response @Linda3895 will get if she asks for tax advice from the Airbnb support team. Can I suggest you try calling them and bring the answer to Linda's question here. I shall not hold my breath as I value my life.....