2 guests turned into 8!

Gavin65
Level 2
Austin, TX

2 guests turned into 8!

My listing states max of 5 guests.

Additional guests over 2 = $40 per person per night.

This weekend's booking confirmed 2 guests.

I have security cameras at the front and rear of the property (stated in listing)

3 guests arrive for check-in yesterday afternoon.

Another 5 guests arrive at after midnight and stay until 10am this morning.

House rules clearly state "No parties. No addiitonal guests."

I sent message to guest, with the camera footage, telling him I am charging the additional $240 for the additonal guests, and reminding him of house rules.

No response yet.

What's my next steps?

If he does not respond should will go round, clear out his stuff and change the lock codes?

3 Replies 3
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Such is the nature of Airbnb.

i would not enter the property until the rental expires or Airbnb will most likely delete your account unless the guests are present - time your visit for when they are home to check for damage and extra guests etc.

I would contact Airbnb and ask them to resolve if guests will not pay.

Also beware of use of cameras - Airbnb is cracking down on cameras..

Tracey207
Level 4
San Diego, CA

Contact Airbnb ASAP.

Open a resolution with Airbnb, requesting the additional money for additional guests.

Send photos and/or video proof of the additional guests. in your resolution request.

Vanessa1275
Level 3
New York, NY

@Gavin65 Hope you were able to get this resolved fairly by Airbnb because even after sharing the Ring video evidence with Airbnb they refused to have the guest pay.

I have recently had a guest book for 1 for the length of 1 week. He asked if he can have an additional guest, which I agreed to making him aware of the extra cost/night. I sent the request through the resolution center, and the guest played dumb saying they didn't see any request.

After waiting for the 72 hrs required I escalated the issue to Airbnb. I waited 18 days for a case manager to be assigned to my case. I missed the email by mistake, and when I finally saw it the case manager Jose was threatening to  to close by case in 48 hrs if I did not respond. I sent them the Ring Video Recordings I have, showing the extra guest coming in on 2 nights. He then emails to say that " extra guest fee was not stipulated in your listing". I asked him to send me a record of where he is seeing this, because  have it listed on my listing and if a guest books for 2 people they can see the increase in price per night. I asked him to call me immediately to get this resolved. He refused to provide me any evidence, hung up the phone on me and closed the case with no FAIR Resolution. 

What kind of support is this for hosts? If the guest booked for 1 guest, and you are sharing video recordings of 2 people coming into your home, why would you not agree to have the guest pay?