2018 Earnings Summary

Marissa4
Level 2
Easthampton, MA

2018 Earnings Summary

I can't access my 2018 earnings summary- when I click for  it ( from Progress/transactions/view earnings summary), the 2017 is shown, no matter what month/dates are entered in the dropdown menus. Previous years are also not visible. Anyone else? 

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I can access the payout from the Transaction History, @Marissa4.  Select payouts, change dates to January 2018 to December 2018 and you will see both the total payout and the individual payouts.

Yes- that is what I did. I see 5 pages of 2018 transactions. When I click on the "view earnings summary" field  in the top right, however- I get the summary for 2017- not the 2018 summary, or other previous years. I seem to recall being able to do this easily before, from the progress/earnings pages. 

Is this going to be updated with 2018 information? Or do I have to create my own this year?

Yes Marissa, I am having the same issue.  Previous years I was able to print the Earnings Summary, but this year it only shows 2017.

David3363
Level 2
Jupiter, FL

Annoying that something so basic is not in the app.

Andrea220
Level 3
Jackson, MS

Last year the summary was not available until the end of January. I got a notification via email when it was ready.

Denis-And-Vidal0
Level 1
Kailua-Kona, HI

Thanks Andrea!  I was having the same problem as the others but i guess we just have to wait til the end of Jan!

Tila2
Level 2
Salem, OR

I looked through my email archives and it wasnt available until the 29th last year.  

Elizabeth16
Level 2
Takoma Park, MD

Re the Earnings Summary algorithm counts the # of days in each res and does not parse it according to the year.  I caught it because it showed one room being booked for 430 days in 2018 and there are only 365 days in the year.,

It is important for hosts who share their home with guests to have an accurate number. Our accountants deduct expenses proportionally for things like gas, electricity, internet, etc. and general expenses like house cleaning supplies. For example, if I share one room in my home for 365 days of the year and I live in another room for 365, then my accountant can split some shared costs 50/50 since we share common areas (kitchen, bath, living, dining, laundry etc) As you can see it can get very complicated with multiple rooms (I have 4) and varying lengths of stay.

Unfortunately, since this number is off, it makes me wonder if the total fees paid are also wrong. Which means I have to double check all Airbnb's numbers.....

I've sent an email to Airbnb via feedback/bugs and asked to recalculate their algorithms so that we have accurate numbers going forward for 2019. And please be transparent so that hosts can know this for 2018 as well in case they have not filed and can amend before submitting to IRS. 

I am hoping the gross total will match what my bank account shows and I only have to recalculate the total number of nights....

I've also asked Airbnb to inform us going forward that it has been fixed....