2FA Security

Ryan66
Level 10
Cape Town, South Africa

2FA Security

Hi, why do you not support any Two Factor Authentication such as https://www.yubico.com to help with account security?

is our acocunt security not of any importance?

Surely you are aware of the millions of hacks happening each day arent you?

13 Replies 13
Dominic115
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Shocked that despite https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/airbnb-multi-factor-authentication/ 

Airbnb’s Chief Strategy Office and co-founder Nate Blecharczyk saying that you are introducing MFA in 2017

still nothing done

WTF AirBnb ? 

Any update on 2fa?

Danny322
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Still no 2FA. Very unusual in 2019

Damon40
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Strange. Every time I log in to the Airbnb app, it wants to confirm that I’m me by sending me a text with a code. That’s 2FA.  In fact I’m terrified that I won’t be able to log in when overseas because I won’t be able to receive texts at that number outside my country. I’m looking for a way to turn 2FA off. Maybe it isn’t enabled outside of North America? That would be a relief to me. 

Adam1121
Level 1
Denver, CO

Damon40 - AGREED.  I have been going in circles with them by phone.  Nothing.  I just can't seem to get my ticket escalated to someone who knows anything about IT Security.  I'm stuck in "entry-level technician hell".    *sigh*   I want to switch to email for 2FA.  Yet they don't seem to even understand what I'm talking about.   *sigh again*

Hardik3
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Damon40 / Adam1121 - did you do any thing to turn the 2FA security on in your airbnb account?

I don't see any way to turn ON 2FA. I would very much like to have it. Where's the rollout of 2FA?

Ysabella0
Level 1
Australia

I just got hacked.. didn't get a email or text when this person hacked my account... 2FA would of helped there guys... 

Logan101
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

I just noticed a login to my account from a country I've never been to, using a browser I've never used. Where is 2FA? It's 2021. C'mon.

Chris1282
Level 2
San Diego, CA

@Catherine-Powell 

@Catherine-Powell 

Why is there no option for 2FA sign on?

I am getting unexplained verification codes in the middle of the night that appear to come from Airbnb.

Eduardo1331
Level 1
Los Alamos, NM

Just adding my voice. Am about to embark on my first AirBnB stay and am astonished that there's no 2FA.

Ryan2406
Level 2
California, United States

+1. I understand certain activities already prompt SMS or email-based verification [1], but I'd feel safer if logging in always required U2F or TOTP verification. My workaround is to reduce the threat of compromise by removing saved payment methods whenever I don't need them. It's a hassle, and makes me less likely to book reservations.

[1] from https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/501/how-can-i-keep-my-account-secure

> If you log in from a new place or make a change to sensitive account information, we may ask for some information to help confirm it’s really you. Specifically, we may ask you to enter a security code sent to your phone or email address, or verify some of your account details.

Karl1176
Level 1
Gothenburg, Sweden

How is this still not implemented? Having 2fa is a minimum requirement for ANY IT-company in 2022.