3 Month Availability Window -2019

3 Month Availability Window -2019

I am fairly new to Airbnb as a Host (we started hosting in Sept 2019). So I selected the 3-month availability window like much of you have, but I just received a request for booking in July which is way out of that 3-month window. When I look through my calendar and see the different rates and rules that I have applied they all work, except for this 3-month availability window thing. I did see a couple of conversations with this same topic, but there didn't seem to be any real solution to the problem. Has anyone found a way to fix this or to change it back to 3-months? I am just looking for a solution going forward and don't want to have any unexpected bookings (also Instant Book) for far into the future. I thought the 3-month limitation was a good way for me to limit our risk and to get adjusted to hosting without drowning in the vacation rental pool during our first year in business. PLEASE HELP!!!.

1 Reply 1
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Marty-and-Mellanie0 I am a little confused as to what exactly you are asking. Even though your availability is set to a 3 month advance window, you can still open up whatever dates you want too. I usually work two seasons ahead. So right now I am focused on winter and spring. In February-ish I will start thinking about my prices and minimums for summertime (the busy season) and start opening up dates. You should do what makes you feel comfortable and also be considerate of the guests vacation plans and only book as far out as you have 100% certainty that you will be able to host.