360 Video?

Answered!
Ann-and-George0
Level 2
New Buffalo, MI

360 Video?

How do I get a 360 degree video/picture on my listing???

Geo. Dobie

Victorian Inn

New Buffalo, MI

**[Title Updated]

1 Best Answer

We got no response after repeated request.   And we a super -duper golden host...

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Ervin1
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

a 360 degree 'Video'  where would you post a video in your AirBnB listing

AirBnB does/can/will send out a professional photographer, at least in metropolitan areas, to do quite nice pictures of the space.  They will be posted on your listing (you get to choose to delete some if you don't like them, and arrange them in whatever order you like, but a "video", hmmm

We got no response after repeated request.   And we a super -duper golden host...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ann-and-George0,

Lovely to meet you. 

I hope you don't mind, so it is easier to find you question I have moved your post and reply and made it into a new topic here in the Help board.

Hope to speak with you again.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

A 360 degree video was done on the Victorian Inn.  A wand with two lenses captures all 360 of  each room.  Like being inside of  a globe and looking out.  Stunning presentation.  We have three rooms plus front enterance and back ysrd.  This is a virtual tour.  Have someone at airbnb who is conversent contact me.

George Dobie

Victorian Inn

New Buffalo, MI

What is the cost of te video?

Approx.  $200 -350. Then it can be seen or you tube or facebook.  I donot think airbn is ready for 360 degree ye

@Jerry112 wrote:

What is the cost of te video?

t??

How to get  a 360 on the photo pages.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

There is no provision yet for 360s or videos on our listings, @Ann-and-George0. You cannot link to a URL either. But there is a workaround, in that you can say something like, "To see a video of the place, search for [keywords here]." Do not mention YouTube or Vimeo or whatever platform you are using, because those words will be zapped. Keep it all generic. Name the video something fairly unique so it can be easily found. 

Dee33
Level 10
Reston, VA

Apparently, it can be done directly on Airbnb. I just finished a test-search for my own listings, and was stunned to see the 2nd & 3rd listings had moving images **on the search results page**. And oh, lord, are they hideous videos.

index.png

Dee,

Yes, I can see where a poorly done 360 may be off putting.  Ours is professional and stuning.   Maybe the approach would be a secondary level look see after a guest looked at a host initial picture, and wanted to see more.   These 360's are really neet. Ours even has a leicpoter view going down the main street of New buffalo.

George Dobie,  Victorian Inn

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ann-and-George0,There was a pilot program called Sonoma Select  a year or two ago, where all the listings were 360 walk through. Not sure what happened to the pilot after that.

@Dee33,  I just looked at the listings. Mesmerising, can't look away. Even though I really want to. I find it distracting and hope it doesn't spread because I would quickly switch off from the page if it all moved around like a crazy thing. Show me the mattress!!!

@Sandra0  It's bad enough on the listing page itself, but to see two videos like that, badly produced with cheap graphics and out-of-focus shots, right at the top of the search results page is horrifying. I mean, if I was a first time guest looking for a place, I would run away and never come back. Really tacky. These guys are my competition so I'm disgusted that Airbnb allows this mess.

Nick2015
Level 2
Denver, CO

Can anyone direct me to how this was resolved by chance as I'm hoping that 2020 we would at least have the ability to upload the tour now. Thanks in advance