AIRBNB cancelled the boooking but the guests stayed at my home ?

Lek538
Level 2
Ao Nang, Thailand

AIRBNB cancelled the boooking but the guests stayed at my home ?

I got the booking from our guest. He fill the number of guest 1 person. On arrival date I saw 5 guest and I told him for my house rule "Extra person will charge 500 baht (I wrote this rule on my listing). His friend don't want to pay, they try to complain everything in my home and my service. 

At 21:00 pm. They have a lot of complain, until I called to AIRBNB call centre and the staff said  "the case manager will contact me later" This case I offer if the guests want to cancell the booking I will full refund for the guest. 

Then 04:00 am. The case manager send the message to me.......... on early morning but the guests stayed at my home and no one contact him for offer cancell his booking....

At 10:00 am... I asked the case manager "Did you contact the guest and inform that they can cancel theire booking. (I mean last night you contacted the guests) But ................................ AIR BNB automatic cancell this booking and It show RESERVATION CANCELED BY ADMIN ??????????????????????????

What should i do? The guests stayed at my home and got full refunded.  

Now we are worried about what kind of reviewed . 

I call to AIRBNB Thailand waiting for someone solve my ploblem 6 hrs. No answer and sent the message to the case manager ..... no answer. 

Any ideas of how I can handle the situation? Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Kit45
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Hi @Lek538 ,

Did you go to your bnb place and check if the main guest and the unregistered guests leave?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lek538 

When more guests come than booked then you have no obligation to let them in.

You should send them an alteration request right there in front of your entrance door and they have to accept it before going inside.

If they decline/don't accept it then they have to leave and find other accommodation. In this case, they can cancel and be refunded according to your cancelation policy.

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

should called +1 and take a video.. called the police and ask them to talk to Airbnb on your behalf.. 

message them, don't called them .. 

I understand that a normal host and super hist has different CS handler.. the normal host usually are send to an out source partnership CS, they usually think they know best and neglect many important issues.. should message and send picture.. using your phone.. or request them to call with urgency in your message.. when they called explain and give it a loud speaker on . the phone or let them talk to the case HQ case manager to make your case strong.. procrastination and timing does make a different.. the longer you waste the less valid your argument.. make sure to have a rebuttal on their complain.. make your page more accurate and complete.. so a rebuttal are valid.. is a battle .. you need to be form not aggressive and swift to make the right action toward this.. 

you'll get use to it.. 

better yet.. pretend you were ok.. but contact airbnb straight.. for resolution. that is why they are there, you need to learn to work with them.. 

most important thing is actually stay calm and professional.. it will help to shake the nerve of bad intention.. our personal mistake and flaw come from our self not others ..

good luck..

Jeffrey Bong