Account Suspended Due to A Misdemeanor

Casey23
Level 1
California, United States

Account Suspended Due to A Misdemeanor

I recently booked a place in Carmel-by-the-Sea because it is my wife and I's second wedding anniversary. I had to verify my ID when we booked the house and then we were all set. I got an email earlier today saying that our booking had been cancelled and my account has been suspended. I guess when I uploaded my ID, they ran a background check and I have a misdemeanor from 7 years ago. I have positive reviews from hosts that I have booked with in the past. Is there anything I can do to get my account re-activated?

4 Replies 4

This is a forum run by other hosts and we have no governance over who is suspended.  You need to contact Airbnb directly to get this resolved.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I doubt it would be that @Casey23.

Normally this would happen if there was a problem with your credit cards.

You mention you have positive reviews from before, so they may have suspended your profile because they found you have two profiles?

Why not give them a call and clear it up?

John1281
Level 1
Kingsport, TN

They have done it to me for one from 15 years ago

Look up your state and local human rights laws.  It may be illegal for you to be denied housing and many other things because of a past criminal conviction.  Try to get some clear reason from airbnb as to why they suspended your account.