Account hacked and user locked out of it (Posting on behalf of partner)

Account hacked and user locked out of it (Posting on behalf of partner)

My partner had her account password changed yesterday followed by the email. We contacted AirBnB within an hour of this change but it was useless. So basically she is locked out of her own account. This has stored credit card details and photographs of the legal ID . I really can't believe that this is the state of security in such a popular website. Does anyone have any idea as to what she could do to resolve this? 

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Block the card for sure, @Jayakishore0, or at least ban Internet transactions.

How did you contact Airbnb?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

We called them up both times. The reply was that they will look into it. But 24 hrs and not even an email from them saying they are doing something.

@Jayakishore0 that is very unfortunate!

However, I would not worry so much about a person using the stored credit card information or the photograph of the legal ID.

The payment methods you have stored on AirBnB are not displayed in full to the person who logs into the site. The person who changed your password can add a new payment method, but they cannot see the full credit card number of already existing payment methods.

Similarly, the photograph of the legal ID is not visible to anyone except AirBnB support people.