Additional Part of Cancellation policy needs explaining please

Karen1722
Level 2
Billericay, United Kingdom

Additional Part of Cancellation policy needs explaining please

Could anybody explain the..... Moderate Cancellatin Policy

....Add Non-refundable BETA
Guests get a 10% discount on their reservation and a refund of the cleaning fee if they cancel before check-in. You’ll keep the entire nightly rate. Learn more

2 Replies 2
Qier-and-Philippe0
Level 10
Lille, France

Hi@Karen1722 

If you choose the non-refundable option, the guests could get a 10% discount. In this case, they will only get a refund of the cleaning fee if they cancel before check-in.

Natalia624
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I have MANY complaints about the new "Add Non-refundable BETA" policy.

I just got burned on this big time. I duplicated a listing (with a few tweaks) a couple weeks ago. The old listing simply had a "flexible" policy, but when I duplicated it, the BETA non-cancellation policy was automatically checked. Furthermore, I was doing most of the tweaking on the duplicate listing through the app, and this new policy checkbox was not even available on the app, so I didn't even know it existed.

That being said, when you look at the desktop dashboard, the text says:

"Add Non-refundable BETA
Guests get a 10% discount on their reservation and a refund of the cleaning fee if they cancel before check-in. You’ll keep the entire nightly rate. Learn more."

This entire thing is ABSOLUTELY UNCLEAR. When I clicked on the "learn more" hyperlink, the box simply checks and unchecks. No other information pops up.

So ... I just got a new reservation request on the new listing, and the potential earnings did not reflect the pricing at all. I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with AirBnb and they indicated that my guests had received a 10% discount because I had the BETA checkbox checked. I was completely flummoxed. Now I have to take the time to write back to the guest, ask them to retract their reservation, and rebook. If they do not do this, and I do not respond, I will be docked. If they do not do this, and I have to decline, I will also be docked.

This entire "BETA" feature is poorly developed and poorly executed. I am frustrated to say the least.