Adjust check-in days

Elizabeth205
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Adjust check-in days

I have "Check-in and checkout" set for check in only on Sunday or Monday. However, during 2 weeks in August, I'd like to adjust this to check-in any day of the week. How do I do this?  

I tried adding it to "Trip Requirements" > "Additional Requirements" but then my place is not showing up in search if I search for check-in on a day other than Sunday or Monday. 

13 Replies 13
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Elizabeth205  You will need to create Rule Sets in order to override the checkin and checkout dates set in the listing.

Rule Sets can be created in Multi-calendar. Here is a help article in Airbnb site about creating Rule Sets.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2062/how-do-i-create-and-edit-rulesets

Thank you @Alice595. This functionality is not available to me b/c this functionality is only available for hosts with 6 or more listings (says this at the top of the page "Hosts with 6 or more listings have access to features that allow them to create and edit rule-sets."). 

@Elizabeth205  You can enable it by going to Account->Settings, enable Professional Tool. I have only 4 listings. But I am able to create Rules Sets after enabling it.

@Alice595 Thank you! I did that yesterday and it didn't work. I went back today and it did. Then I tried to turn it off and it said it takes 2-3 days to turn off. So perhaps they turn this feature on/off in batch processing and that would explain why it didn't show up immediately when I tried to turn it on yesterday. Thank you for your help. 

@Elizabeth205  Thanks for the update! I did not know that it is a batch process before. At least you know that there is this feature now. Once you are skillful using the rule sets, it is a more flexible tool to manage calendar and pricing. It could display a discount price in the booking confirmation page and/or cross original price etc.

Hello @Elizabeth205 

To have specific rules in a specific period go to

Listing ---- Availability ----Trip length ---- Edit ---- Add a custom rule for seasons or specific dates ---Edit a requirement : During, Minimum stay, Check-in day ---Any day of the week 

Good luck and wish a wonderful summer!

Ramona  

Thank you @Ramona2. This is what I did but my unit is not showing up in search (when I search on another device and I'm not logged into my AirBnB account to simulate what others would see when they search). my place does show up if I search for check in monday or sunday, but not if I search for check in any other day.Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 2.48.12 PM.png

@Elizabeth205  

I try to find your listing, one moment.

@Elizabeth205 All work, the check-in in any day of the week in August:

Dates

Continue forward to interact with the calendar and select a date.

08/20/2019

Continue forward to interact with the calendar and select a date.

08/24/2019

You must be login on Airbnb, no problem. 

Have can book if you are not log in? 

Many reservations and good summer, @Elizabeth205 

@Ramona0 you can search for places in chrome incognito mode and it will show you what is available. You do not have to be logged in to search and see what is showing as available. This is a way to double check that your property is showing up in search correctly. 

Elizabeth205
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I figured it out. I had to change settings to allow check-in every day of the week. Then set restrictions for each specific day. So I went to "Trip Requirements" > "Additional Requirements" and for each date for 3 months, I set rules manually. Therefore I have about 30 rules set under this: "Trip Requirements" > "Additional Requirements". Which is a terrible user experience. @Airbnb can you please fix this functionality to make it more user friendly? 

Ben30
Level 1
Exeter, United Kingdom

On Homeaway, you can specify any number of check-in days. It is much more sensible that the AirBNB site in this respect.