Advertising of Air Conditioning

Christopher744
Level 1
Hervey Range, Australia

Advertising of Air Conditioning

We have booked an apartment in Paris with air conditioning. When we have arrived there was no air conditioning apart from a small portable aircon that vents manually through a window. Technically it does blow cold air, but with temps at our stay exceeding 40+ degrees we struggled in the sleeping rooms and some of the apartment being very hot and uncomfortable. IS this reasonable? Does AirBNB have any policy regarding this? Any info would be great.

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Christopher744 if air-conditioning was advertised it should be available. You can ask for a partial refund for the inconvenience or ask the host if he has any other suggestions on how to solve the problem in a way that both of you will be satisfied. 

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Christopher744  a portable Air cond still an AIr cond but not ur liking. I am always surprised when US/Australian arrived in Europe I had myself a case many time they ask where his the Air cond switch? most European countries we don't have Air Cond in the apartment.

France and many European cities heat this month is going to be high it is all over the news, people need to think sometimes exceptional weather like this is out of control of the Host

Even if u go to many hotels in Europe they don't have Air Cond.