Advice on scaffolding

Julie615
Level 1
Lytham Saint Annes, United Kingdom

Advice on scaffolding

Hi. Just looking for some advice. I host my apartment which is within a large Victorian building and overlooks a lovely park/gardens. The building is looked after by a management company and they have just informed me that scaffolding will be erected outside the property at the beginning of May as they are getting the property externally decorated. I had known about this but thought it was going to be later in the year. I have 4 separate bookings in May and need to inform all my guests in case they want to cancel. The scaffolding will only affect the cosmetic appearance and obstruct the view and because the guests are here at the weekends they shouldn’t be disturbed by the decorators. My worry is they’ll be charged and admin fee and I don’t want to lose my super host status. Has anyone else come up with a similar situation?  Many thanks in advance 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would give Airbnb a call @Julie615  and ask their advice.

I don't think Airbnb would charge a guest in these circumstances.

You are right it is cosmetic and as long as they are not there on the day it is being put up or taken down (incredibly noisy), it should be fine.

However I think you are correct to inform them as a courtesy.

Anne-Marie176
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Julie. Wondering if you have any feedback as I have the same issue but my guests are arriving until June.  I have asked the management company and they have said it’s fine but I still worry