After I accept a guest (2) @ 11;AM due to check in @3pm, He knocks at the door @ 1:30 pm

Stephanie260
Level 2
Ormond Beach, FL

After I accept a guest (2) @ 11;AM due to check in @3pm, He knocks at the door @ 1:30 pm

My Check in is at 3PM, I say "oh your early" and He says " I know but I really need to sleep, again I say "then you should have called", and he ignores me. I then ask where is your wife? (the one who made the reservation?) Oh, She will be around later  he says - Can I please lie down?

I need to go out and do several errands, I am unhappy with this situation, How do other hosts handle this?

Once she made the reservation, I asked her what time she planned on arriving, she never responded.

The situation is creeping me out,

Any suggestion?

Stephanie ****

5 Replies 5
Mark-And-Jamie0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

If you feel unsafe, I would call Airbnb.  Maybe have a friend come by too.  Does the guest have any prior reviews?  If so, I would look at that too.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Stephanie260,

I don't know whether you've let him in. If you have then there's not a lot you can do unless, as @Mark says, you feel unsafe under the circumstances.

I changed my welcome message and description to say that the person who made the booking must be present at checkin and have enforced this.

For the next time you should, in the absence of fore warning and agreement by you, stand by your checkin time and rules.

Steve.

yes, and they get pissed off and they give you a 1 star rating. It happened to me. if it were me, I wouldn't have let him in. Id would have called Airbnb immediately and ask what to do. they have a policy that clearly states the person who made reservation should be the traveler. In other words if the wife made the reservation for herself I wouldnt let him in under any circumstances.

Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Stephanie260I definitely would not have let him in and would have contaacted Airbnb immediately.  In the future, please do not. Your safety is way more important than a possibly pissed off guest.

Hoping that everything worked out.

Also, considering adding a day or two advance notice for your bookings. This will give you a bit of time to reconsider an iffy guest. I have a 2 day advance notice. You might miss some last minute bookings, but they are mostly the poor planners.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Stephanie260 ick! so many things here: no last minute reservations, no not the booked guest, no letting someone in early, no to letting a Guest boss around you, the Owner.

How long are they staying???

"A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."