Air BNB withholding payment

Air BNB withholding payment

I've been using Air BNB for 5 years, without any problems. 2 years ago I rented to a young 'lady' for a month a studio apartment for 2. On the first night she had a party with over 10 people there, followed by a parade of people running in and out of the house for the remaining days (I live across the hall). When I discussed the fact that she was breaking house policy and to please stop, she told me she wanted to end her reservation earlier, which I gladly accomodated (7 nights). After she left, I had the apartment cleaned.  Several items were missing/broken- and large comforter had to be thrown out due to urination (and a note from her friend apologizing for pissing on the comforter).  I refunded her the 7 nights, minus cleaning fee, and money for comforter.

Fast forawrd 2 years, Air BNB refunded her $500 more than what was due and withheld the money out of my recent reservations despite me writing to them about her.  I also left an honest (terrible) review on her profile, while she left me a perfect review.

I'm getting no where with AirBNB, and feel completely powerless.  Does anyone have any similiar experiences or can give me some advice?

Thank You,

Nancy

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Nancy306

How did you refund her the 7 nights.?

David

I refunded her through the resolution center, however she had deactivated her account, so the money remained in my account until several months later. Months later, the money was transferred to her from Air BNB from my account with no notification made to me.  My account only had the approved amount, that is where the problem exists.  2 years later, and I'm waiting for a payment for a new reservation and it never comes.  After cotacting Air BNB several times, they tell me they withheld it to pay the balance of the requested refund from the reservation 2 years ago.  I contested the amount and asked for the message ecxchange from 2 years ago which detailed all the history.  So far, Air BNB failed to provide me the information, pay me the balance, or follow up.

I'm so disappointed and not sure what I should do next.

In my experience airbnb looks after the guest more than the host... They kind of forget that without hosts there will never be a guest and therefore no airbnb..

The amount of damages you go through and airbnb does not give a hoot... 

I am kind of done with Airbnb and thinking of  going towards Stays or other companies that offer similar.

P. S. Hope you got the money for the damages back... So pathetic that they allowed the abusers get away with abusing.