Airbnb Customer Support

Answered!
Pilar191
Level 2
Arroyo de la Miel, Spain

Airbnb Customer Support

The guest has complained that they are being over-charged. Please see guest conversation and the host's response.

Guest 11 June 2019
"Hello, thank you for accepting the reservation.
Yes indeed I forgot to add the people who travel with me.
We will be there with my husband, my 3 year old daughter and our 4 month old baby. Cordially."

Host:
"Hola,
I modified your reservation by entering the number of people staying in the apartment.
Children from 2 to 12 years old are billable if the number of guests exceeds two people.
All you have to do is accept the reservation update and everything will be finished.
Thank you. Pilar"

Guest:
"Hello I agree to change the people but the price has increased by 92 euros while the price difference announced is 67.74 euros."

"There is an error on the price calculation."

"I sent a message to customer service to correct this error."

Host:
"Hello,
Thank you for contacting me.
You are correct, the price should only be about 67 euros depending on the exchange rate.
Please let me know if you are having problems contacting them.

Usually there are no problems, and some people want to stay in the hotel.
I normally do this for my guests.

Do not worry, Airbnb is a good company and will sort this out for you and your family.
Regards Pilar"

Message To Customer Support:

Host

Customer support, can you confirm the guest is correct?
I am waiting for the 57 euros for the amended listing, using the Airbnb calculator.

Customer Support

"As I have checked on your concern, there might just be confusions on the breakdown,

since your guest used a coupon on their reservation."

That's it, end of message!!

What do I do now, sit and wait till my guest cancels the booking?

1 Best Answer
Pilar191
Level 2
Arroyo de la Miel, Spain

Problem solved! There was a problem with the Airbnb system doing the accountancy.

Guest is happy 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Ask to AirBnB to call the guest and explain the breakdown? 
If you don't wanna lose the guest, then just send a special offer with a lower price, I do not see different options

Pilar191
Level 2
Arroyo de la Miel, Spain

Problem solved! There was a problem with the Airbnb system doing the accountancy.

Guest is happy 🙂

How can I speak to with support in the United States that speaks English as a first language?  

Contreras1
Level 1
Miami, FL

I'm sorry, I'm canceling my reservations for the Corona virus, a thousand apologies but I won't be able to swim in for now, I need your help me to canceled 

Snehal1
Level 2
Vadodara, India

Recently, Airbnb has added Pet Charges,  But guest coming with Pets do not enter Number of Pets and So they are not Charged.  How to get this Resolved and Airbnb is not Clearing Mentioning Pet Charges applicable as per Host Arrangements.   

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Snehal1 just refuse entry to a guest bringing a pet that hasn't been paid for.