Airbnb Insurance for guests

Craig1
Level 1
Pleasanton, CA

Airbnb Insurance for guests

Anyone ever got airbnb to pay when guests damage stuff?

They seem to say too bad every tiem something happens and NEVER give any explanation...

They say in their terms... We don't have to. Our word is final and you can't do anything about it...

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Craig1 Yep, both times I have submitted a Resolution Center claim, I've been paid. Both required that I involve Airbnb since the guests didn't respond to the request for payment.....stalling. 

Both times I provided a copy of the original purchase receipt as well as the replacement receipt.  Also, in both cases, I had on record through Airbnb's messaging system that the guests acknowledged the damage so it was pretty much an open and shut case. 

I'm sure being a Super Host helped as well. 

Unfortunately mine is different, its still on process right now,  the funny thing Is the guest even after finished the check out time,  had cancelled the reservation  i wonder how does that happen? Does airbnb  got a turn around time when to declared finish booking  i normaly ended up 3pm PH time (GMT8+) when they declared finish Booking. And will ask you to write a review for your guest but my guest check out time was 10am,  however they stay longer because they are trying to get a perfect timing  to go out because they broke the tempered top glass of our table its.a hassle becos you have to find glass how much is it etc.  And the sad part is the guest i think will never acknowldge  it as when my husband caught them in the act they kept denying till my husband told them they were caught in the act any advice? 

Anne671
Level 2
Colombes, France

Hello,

You shouldn't believe RBNB when they write that their host Garanty is protecting you : it doesn't at all.

My first (and last) guest stole my Boucheron watch in my private bathroom just before her departure and despite police claim, reports, invoice and many documents I have provide, RBNB refuse to repay my watch, just arguing my guests denied having stolen it.

Too easy !!

You guests can brake and steal your personal things but RBNB doesn't do anything.

Be careful and ask for ga aranty deposit from your guests or don't use RBNB.

You are not protected 

Best regards

Anne