Airbnb Non response concerning non payment for a reservation

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Airbnb Non response concerning non payment for a reservation

Hello, 

I am reaching out due to non payment for a reservation.

I have contacted Airbnb multiple times via the help section by the computer and MANY calls to Customer service. (Wait period on several calls was ridiculous! 

The different call center persons repeatedly say a Rep will contact me via email) however as of now absolutely no response from either platform.

Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am more than dissatisfied. 

Reservation:**

Confirmation code: **

As with all our reservations it still shows on our calendar that we will receive the funds

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

16 Replies 16
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Randy----Linda0 

When you say non payment. Was this a last minute booking where the guest payment didn't go through? Or was it a standard booking where Airbnb hasn't paid out on?

Airbnb have had payment issues with some of their July payments.

Perhaps try them on their social media

@Nick  can you help?

Hello Helen and thank you for reaching out!

We stay booked solid and this was a reservation secured 6-7 weeks ago and the only one that we did not receive payment for.

I have tried every avenue available that I have found and reached out to the community as a last resort for possible help.

I consider Airbnb's actions/in-actions  totally unacceptable for the fact that we have not received the payment, that I have to monitor said payouts with a fine tooth comb and especially for their non response when I have started so many new cases.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully a Team Rep will see this and take actions needed to resolve this issue.

Kindest Regards!

Randy

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Hello again!

If you have any links that I am not aware of please forward those links.

Thank you!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Randy----Linda0  Airbnb customer service seems to be almost non-existent these days. All I can suggest is that you be patient and persistent.

The information you posted re the reservation number and booking details are pointless to post here, as no one on this forum can deal with this, only offer advice on how to proceed. 

I'll tag the moderator here for you- they will often assist in pinging your issue over to customer service.

@Lizzie   Here's yet another host who hasn't been paid for a completed reservation.

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Hello Sarah and thank you for your response.

The reservation info was for a reference to the date as via my research there seemed to be a glitch in the payouts early on in July however there was no mention for problems after July 20.

Thank you for your help....I simply do not know how I could be more persistent...as for patience....it was long gone many days ago.

Kindest Regards,

Randy

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Randy----Linda0 

Sorry to hear you are having payout issues. We had some problems with payments between 18-20th, not sure if you fall under this time frame or not. Regardless I am dropping an internal note on this at the appropriate department. Could you please let me know when did you first get in touch with support? 

PS thanks @Helen3 @Sarah977  for bringing this to my attention 

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Hello Nick and thank you for reaching out.

The reservation in question was Jul 23 and check out 24. I called Customer service 25, 27, 28 and Aug 2 which started 4 separate cases. I received email confirmation of these calls stating a Rep would contact me shortly. I never received any response. I repeatedly replied to the email confirmations I had received without any response. Not only has this ordeal left an extremely  bad taste in my mouth I now worry about the overall health of Airbnb after reading about the lack of service from other host that have posted their complaints. Where do we go from here if we can't rely on quality Customer Service as in the past. Kindest Regards, Randy

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Good morning Nick,

Regretfully, we have not heard from a representative or received payment for the July 23 reservation. Any suggestions?? We simply do not know what to do or where to go. Kindest Regards, Randy Holland

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Good morning!

18 days and counting!! No payment and absolutely NO contact from Airbnb!!

Where and what should I do now? Should I get an Attorney involved? Maybe they can get some answers.

Randy

Did you contact them via their social media? Do you have an open case with Airbnb for the missing payment  @Randy----Linda0 

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Hello Helen and thank you.

As per the previous posts/responses I have reached out untold times via phone and the help line via the internet without absolutely no response.

Yes there is an open case and with every call i make to Airbnb I hear the same "song and dance tune" that a Rep will contact me. Nothing yet.

Please forward the link for their social media as I have not been able to find it. I sincerely doubt it will help or get any results however it is worth a try.

Kindest Regards, 

Randy

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

I contacted Airbnb again this morning via their internet help line and received this message from the call center:

“I totally understand were you coming from and I know you only want to fix this issue as soon as possible. Due to pandemic we currently short-handed, some of our team unable to report to work onsite. We are working around the clock for our backlogs and rest assure that our team will contact you soon since the case already set to urgent.”

This is the same “Song and Dance Tune” message I have received countless times!

As of yet a Team Member has not reached out!

It is not my fault that they are short handed and as mentioned before I am concerned for the overall health of Airbnb.

We are excellent host and are doing our part to support Airbnb for their platform.

Regretfully, we are not receiving any support from them.

Suppose there is an emergency that requires immediate attention? What do we do? Where do we go for answers?

19 days and counting!

Absolutely no response and absolutely Support!

This is sad!

Regards,

Randy

Randy----Linda0
Level 2
Fairfield, VA

Good News!!!

We FINALLY have received payment for the reservation in question!!

My response to the simple message received from a Case Manager.

Hello Angelo and thank you for taking care of this problem.

Regretfully, I am absolutely and totally dissatisfied with the way this ordeal was handled.
I know it was not your fault however you were the first response we have received after 19 days of numerous calls and emails to the help center.

I am speculating here!

If Airbnb is cutting back on the number of Case Managers trying to cut cost due to the loss of revenue then I certainly do not think the host should suffer from a total and absolute lack of support.

There is no doubt in our minds that if we had not kept check of our payouts and not been persistent we would have lost these funds.
We are excellent host and needless to say we are concerned about the overall health of Airbnb's future.

Where do we go in case of an emergency and need immediate answers?
We feel quite certain that all other host will agree: We simply cannot wait 19 days for answers.
Regards,
Randy and Linda

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to see you received the payment @Randy----Linda0