Airbnb Payment Problem

Sanjiv6
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Airbnb Payment Problem

I am a guest that has been using Airbnb for the last 10 months.  I have been at one place for some time now and back in April I added a new credit card so that all my payments could be routed through the new card.  However, the payment method was not changed so I called to see what the issue was.  I was informed upon calling that Airbnb charges the card that was used at the time of reservation and any change to a payment method for an exisiting reservation can only be changed by calling customer support.  I did that and had no issue for May but come June they revert to charging my old credit card.  Since my old card was actually a debit card and there were no funds in that account it pulled funds from the credit card because I used that as an overdraft protection.  Now my credit card limit has been reached and the only message I get from Airbnb is you can try other payment methods.  No acknowledgment of the fact it was a fault in their billing system.  The customer service rep that chat with me also told me I had changed the payment method after this months billing when it was done 2 months ago and I told her to look through my past receipts.  Now I am unable to pay my host until Airbnb sorts out my refund.  

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sanjiv6 

Did you exactly follow the procedures mentioned in following link to change payment for an excisting reservation ?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/444/can-i-use-more-than-one-payment-method-to-pay-for-a-reservat...